The analog thread.

Hopstretch

My money is on it being something that can be found with a bit of digging about on the web. 

Get a screw-checking tool and see what it is. If all else fails take your good screw to a machine shop and ask them to ID it. Explain your plight and slip the guy enough cash to buy a cheeseburger. 

If it is a "slightly more obscure" part:

smallparts.com

is another good supplier for parts that follow really obscure standards. 

I'd be surprised if that's not a fairly common threaded rod or stud.  

If you can get the old one out, it shouldn't be hard to get a replacement once you identify the diameter and threads per inch.  A site like this can help you with what measurements to take and have charts you can use to help with identification.  http://mdmetric.com/tech/tic1e.htm

Good luck.

There is a Nott Hyperspace on Audiogon that is a couple of hours from me. An early birthday present dew eet or not? I have a Spacedeck which I love.

IIRC someone told me the heavy platter for the Spacedeck was a down grade. So I am not sure if it's a similar thing with the really high mass Hyperspace platter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The two recent feedbands releases. These are now 180g pressings. They release standard black, and heavy color.

The Parlez - Glisten

bovjzCN.jpg

Amycanbe - Mountain Whales

go5zfST.jpg

Really like both of these releases - I have not spun the Amycanbe (smoke) vinyl yet... but looking forward to it from the download. 

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

From the engineer of Micro Seikis. TechDas Air Force 2... drool

-Air bearing and vacuum hold-down techniques, which have been transmitted from Air Force One.
-Sits on four feet, employing a newly developed oil damping air suspension system.
-Platter weighing 10 kg is machined precisely out of solid aluminum (A5056)
-Chassis frame structure made of aluminum casting (AC4C) achieves maximum intensity and workability. Dual layer structure has successfully increased vibration absorption and lowered center of gravity.
-Fits with a 9 or 10 inch tonearm on the regular right hand side position. Also, a second 9, 10 or 12inch tonearm can be mounted with an optional extra tonearm base on the rear left hand side.

post-236-0-68655300-1386438188_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Big win tonight.  Had a niece's husband call me a few weeks back asking about entry-level tables.  He was looking towards the AT LP120, although I told him they would get more out of the Music Hall USB-1 table instead.  Thinking he wouldn't act on it, I sortof forgot about the discussion.  But I saw her tonight and she was thankful and elated: the Music Hall turntable was totally cool and sounded great for her.  She was already scouting for new records and was enjoying the vinyl sound.  Score!

• Like 4

ignored... 

image that has been posted around various forums since '09.. yawn...

(Read your welcome PM)

'09, really? That's truly fascinating, as I took it about 18 months ago. There's less space in the shelves now. Would you like me to shoot a new pic just for you?

BTW, the original pic (shot sometime around '99) was made into a meme (not by me) and has made its way around the forums. I can post the actual pic, if you prefer that, instead.

Edit: text