December 4, 201411 yr comment_662908 Little Tybee, For Distant Viewing and on deck, Snarky Puppy Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_663421 Banging out some work to prepare for Monday with Bowie and Eno on in the background. What a great album! Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_663494 Armand Amar (composer) - Le Premier Cri (Soundtrack) It features singers like Sinead O'Connor, Asa, Sandrine Piau... available at Spotify Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_663496 Bryan Ferry -- Avonmore Fun, but a bit unavon. Aha ha. Edit: Fucking autocorrect. Edited December 8, 201411 yr by Hopstretch Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_663513 Aesthesys - Ascendere - some pretty nifty proggie stuff, methinks Dusty might know/like.....got this (and others by them) from one of the guys in the NH meet this weekend. Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_663528 I am not knowing this. (makes a mental note to wander off and look it up when home) Report
December 12, 201411 yr comment_664040 She Keeps Bees - Is What It Is Edited December 12, 201411 yr by johnwmclean Report
December 12, 201411 yr comment_664058 Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me. Been pretty much on hypnotic, continuous play for the last couple days. Thanks Al. Report
December 13, 201411 yr comment_664111 I'm in love with this new site called progstreaming -- lots of great stuff, about 50% are "yes", 25% are "maybe", and only about 25% are "pass". And that last is largely because of specific things, like too audible a hippie influence or whatever. Report
December 13, 201411 yr comment_664141 Janice Joplin - Love Janice Edited December 13, 201411 yr by s1rrah Report
December 14, 201411 yr comment_664239 Favorite Christmas album - American Folk Songs for Christmas by The Seeger Family Report
December 21, 201411 yr comment_665052 Linn Records downloads - 24 Bits of Christmas. The Mozart is quite amazing, although I don't like being left on a V chord...GAH...GIVE ME RESOLUTION! The Katherine Bryan is wild. Love it. Report
December 21, 201411 yr comment_665054 GAH...GIVE ME RESOLUTION! 24 / 192 isn"t enough for you, then? Report
December 23, 201411 yr comment_665424 24 / 192 isn"t enough for you, then? OMG. lol I have JazzRadio.com on today at work. Currently, What Child is This? (Greensleeves) is on. Like those two titles would ever appear with something different. I mean, would you ever see "What Child is This (Silver Bells)" or "Winter Wonderland (Greensleeves)"? Report
December 24, 201411 yr comment_665469 Matt Stevens -- unholy carp -- proggers, descend on this! Instrumental, well produced, and...lossless until the 31st. Due to VAT restrictions, he's dropping bandcamp before the 1st. I'm probably getting everything. It's just superb production, fantastic music-writing, and virtuoistic musicianship. Report
December 25, 201411 yr comment_665572 The Necks - Piano Bass Drums ... ... There's only one track on this release ("Unheard") and it's about 53 minutes long. Highly recommended. Especially if you have high end Stax gear (which I don't, but I've got mid-end Stax gear and I can only imagine how good this atmospheric, moody bit might be with the higher end offerings). An Australian band ... have no idea where you might buy records/CD's ... hard to come by ... but there are files out there. They have quite a few releases out there but this is one of the best ... Edited December 25, 201411 yr by s1rrah Report
December 25, 201411 yr comment_665595 Sounds like my cup of tea! Will investigate... Me: Cartographer, A Sea of Sunshine on progstreaming -- really good post-rock Report
December 25, 201411 yr comment_665614 Sounds like my cup of tea! Will investigate... Me: Cartographer, A Sea of Sunshine on progstreaming -- really good post-rock Def do the work to find, The Necks, "Unheard" ... it's totally worth the work. And thanks for that, above ... checking it out now .... Report
December 25, 201411 yr comment_665732 If anyone has missed the free (mostly) 24/192 downloads from Linn, all 24 days worth are available as a single download today. 4G of free hires music. Matt Stevens -- unholy carp -- proggers, descend on this! Instrumental, well produced, and...lossless until the 31st. Due to VAT restrictions, he's dropping bandcamp before the 1st. I'm probably getting everything. It's just superb production, fantastic music-writing, and virtuoistic musicianship. Dusty - where? thx! Report
December 25, 201411 yr comment_665735 Also - somewhere...somewhere (i thought it was here) someone mentioned a download of The Yes Album which was mixed by some person who made a clean and really cool version of it. Sure, I searched the forum for the word Yes, and got back like a million posts. Anyway, if anyone knows where this is, I would sure love to go get it. Thanks! Report
December 26, 201411 yr comment_665790 Dusty - where? thx! Bandcamp I mean, just an example: 8.19 Me, personally, I'm getting everything he released, the only question is whether to get in CD form what I can or not (some are sold out). Also: new Metric! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.