And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just catching up with the thread - sorry to hear about everyone's losses and sad news.

son of a bitch. you're never going to have the answers, i would suggest not getting caught up in trying to figure out why.

What Reks said.

Called my mom earlier today to see if she'd gotten hold of any of our relatives in Japan - she hadn't. They should all be okay as most of them live on the western side of the country, unless, of course they were in the area on a trip or something.

Knwo what you mean, Dinny. My new job is chock full of people who love to meet.....and then meet about meeting.....

I got called in to a meeting late afternoon today, and they requested I take over some work a consultant is doing (I'm contract to perm, not as pricey hourly as they are). The consultant who was presenting said to me afterwards that they spent 25 minutes trying to talk things through, and when I got there we resolved the action plan in about 5 minutes.

Lots of challenges, but some really good people and a bright future for creativity. Looking very forward to getting over that hurdle of inactivity.

Dropped my daughter off for her SAT test, fingers crossed.

I just finished cooking a breakfast for the boys of bacon and croissants. As I am wiping down the frying pan I feel a very strong stinging sensation on my second to the last little toe. I immediately think black widow spider bite since we experience ongoing battles with the little arachnids every year. So I immediately start jumping up and down, swearing and shaking my foot to shake the little bugger off. Meanwhile one of my sons and wife are staring at me incredulously from the kitchen table believing I have bee afflicted by saint Vitus dance. Turns out it was only a piece of smoldering burnt bacon gristle which resembled a small spider..... I live to fight another day.

:lol:

Now trying to put a decent edge on my cleaver and it is not going well. I wonder why my family at times thinks I am so odd?

Edited by Augsburger

Went out to a nice dinner with wife and daughter to take advantage of the restaurant week here. While waiting our entree, the group that was seated near us asked for (and granted) change in seating, few tables away from us. We suspect they didn't want to be sitting near a baby. To her credit, Libby did really well at the restaurant, eating her food and appeared to have enjoyed herself there (and no, she didn't cry once).