And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Gee, thanks! :)

I guess I was hoping for something a little more specific from a morphologist. But that's cool. They both got caught and taste equally good battered and fried.

Well they actually show quite a bit of phenotypic plasticity in body shape and coloration patterns but the dorsal spine numbers are pretty consistent.

Well they actually show quite a bit of phenotypic plasticity in body shape and coloration patterns but the dorsal spine numbers are pretty consistent.

So ... they taste pretty good when they're battered and fried? :P

Actually, that's pretty interesting. Were you able to demonstrate this to your attendees with your catch, before you battered and fried them?

It's cool that you can do this type of thing with a class. I still vividly remember a college class I took on Evolutionary Biology, because we went out to a cemetery and wrote down the dates we saw on all the head stones. We tabulated all the numbers and demonstrated how various historical factors like WW2, The Depression, new medical interventions, etc ... affected life span. That was so much more interesting and effective than the Intro to Biology class where we sat in a lecture for an hour every day of every week of the whole quarter, and listened to the professor list, one by one, the main qualities of each Kingdom, Phylum, etc ...

Haj, good job on getting to the doctor quickly, that's a key with ear infections. Hope she feels better soon.

Today, I made the mistake of asking the question, "why didn't anyone ever properly set up our subsidiary to be in the business that it's in?" There are no good answers to that one. And worse, no good solutions.

Holy damn I think I enjoyed spring break too much, senioritis has arrived. Found it pretty painful to sit through employment law today. Maybe that's because it was employment law.

On the job-hunt-front, had an acquaintance take my resume and shoot it up the ladder of the referral system to a Bradley alumni at Accenture, where he started working in December. Also made a second attempt at contacting a Bradley alumni who's doing consulting work for a fairly well-respected firm in Chicago. I have high hopes for both.

Another in-person interview on Friday afternoon. Really want this one to go well. Really want a job, period.

Edited by Aura

Also made a second attempt at contacting a Bradley alumni who's doing consulting work for a fairly well-respected firm in Chicago.

I guess timing is everything, this consultant e-mailed back today and him and three of his colleagues will be on campus next week for two lectures. I will attend both and introduce myself in person. I am pumped.

Yeah it was a fun show. We also saw "O" at the Bellagio in LV which I will admit was pretty cool too.

We are going to Vegas at the end of April (for a conference). I thought about seeing another Cirque at the time (it seems that have about 7 different ones playing!). "O" seems to be the most popular/spectacular. I like the music in the old school ones though.

How many heads did you have to control in the mosh pit, Jeff?

Did you partake in Cirque de Mosh, Shelly?

No, I'll have to catch Cirque du Mosh in Vegas. :)

Got up at 5am to help my wife get ready to head to the airport (she's in Chicago for the weekend). Got Lily up, took her to daycare, went to work, picked Lily up from daycare, had dinner, got Lily ready for bed, now sitting down to relax for a bit. Here's to hoping for a fun daddy-daughter weekend.

Packing, then flying to LA for a spring break family trip!

Covert operation to Disney and Legoland for some kid stuff, then will go to a 'virtual rental by owner' beach property on San Diego beach, then a drive into the desert to stay in another rental by owner in Joshua Tree,

:)

I was less hot on O (addition of water was cool, but also limiting - Cirque though is always stunning). KA, and its rotating horizontal/vertical stage, filled me with awe and probably my fave, though you can never go back to your first. Thought Evo was their best traveling show in a while.

Edited by blessingx

Actually went on a date with my wife last night. My son was at a sleepover birthday party, so we went to a local Boston-style trendy wine bar and overpaid for small portions :P

Still, it was nice to get out as adults, food was very good, and I tried a Sandeman Ruby port after dinner. Decent cheap port, though I think I like Six Grapes better....

Nate, hope your daddy-daughter weekend is going well. I've always enjoyed the time with my son (despite this post).

Edited by skullguise