And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrat. Guess I should get with program at some point.

While I've always meant to get naturalized, the part of reason I finally did it (aside from now I'm married with a child along withe second one on the way) was economic and timing.  My green card is expiring relatively soon.  The current cost of naturalization processing is $680.  The current cost of renewing a green card is $450.  I had no desire to pay $450 sometime next year just to delay paying $680 (or more) for the naturalization process, especially since I'd already done that once before when realized my green card was expiring too late to apply for naturalization previously.  Of course, had I done this back in 1998, when I first became eligible for naturalization, it would've only cost me $250. :palm:

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Grats Haj!

Today I got trained on how to use a nice laser engraver. I think I'll have some fun with it in the future :D The table is 40"x28" and specs say it can hold up to 200lbs, though I'm not sure what you'd want to engrave that weighs that much...

1VCplp6.jpg

As any good butcher (my Brother) will tell you, a sharper knife is a safer knife. And a clean cut from a sharper knife will heal better than a cut from a duller knife.

Heal fast Jacob!

Edited by swt61

Well that looks painful.

Last night, attempted to do a backyard (front yard, technically) camping with my daughter.  She eventually decided it was too exciting to fall asleep and we went back inside.  This morning, while getting stuff out of my tent we were using, I noticed that just about all the seam tapes/seals on the rain fly have failed or are failing - glad it did not rain last night.  I'm not surprised considering its age, but not really not looking forward to sealing the seams again as I don't have large enough floor space to do it it all at once anymore.