And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Was at Newquay, Corwall (UK) to watch Bloodhound SSC doing its first public runs. Just using the Eurofighter Typhoon jet engine to propel the 5 ton vehicle to >200mph in 8 seconds. It was bloody awesome. In no uncertain terms it was bloody awesome.

Next year, using the the jet engine and one rocket there will be a straightforward land speed record attempt of around 800mph, and in 2019 the full >1000mph once they have put in a cluster of three rockets.

This is a long video, but the first section is well worth watching, as is Andy Green's commentary on his supersonic record 20 years ago. The first hour and a quarter is about yesterday, and then 2h to 2h15 is about the supersonic runs 20 years ago.

• Like 5

Loaded the truck yesterday. Left half of the skin on my face in Texas, while loading my scooter. Do not try to hold a 600 lb. bike with your face, when it slides off the ramp. But California still gets 99.6 % of me. Started out at 6:15 am, and made it about 800 miles to Las Cruces, NM. Bye bye Texas, smell ya later!

Hope you made good time today too JP.

• Like 15

moved furniture around

took furniture and yard waste to the dump

moved furniture around

watched carpet get installed

watched paint get applied

took furniture and cardboard to the dump

moved furniture around

went to dinner

moved u-haul u-box containers around

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Yesterday: finally moved all the way out. I’m back in Tennessee now. Everything (hopefully) will be finalized this week, but everything that we are keeping from the house is in transit and everything else has been arranged to deal with. There’s now about 3x what is reasonable in my tiny apartment and 10 uhaul uboxes on their way to Tennessee. Now to find a house on this end.

• Like 16

Met the man, the myth, the legend, Sir Stretch!

Had a great lunch with him and Al. He lives up to the hype!

12 hours ago, Aimless1 said:

Do you two ever change your t-shirts?  You wore those when I visited a week ago :)

Congrats to Steve on the move and Al on a new "neighbor".

We only have the two, but we switch with each other every week.

Also made a trip to Ikea with Al. I needed an armoire for my clothes because I'm gay! :)

Al not only helped me pick them out but stayed and helped put everything together. He's either an extremely good friend or extremely bored. I think maybe both! 

download.png

• Like 17

16 hours ago, swt61 said:

Also made a trip to Ikea with Al. I needed an armoire for my clothes because I'm gay! :)

Al not only helped me pick them out but stayed and helped put everything together. He's either an extremely good friend or extremely bored. I think maybe both! 

I would have thought you would build yourself a ginormous one out of Chestnut and Zebra wood. :P

• Like 1

I told my mother that I'm getting married on November 15th.  It's a strange situation, due to custody, but if I felt right telling my mother, it certainly felt right telling any HC'ers who still give a shit about me, as long as they don't talk about it on FaceBook, or whatever (why would you talk about some guy, right?) about it. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Thanks guys.  Well, I met somebody a while back, she asked me to marry her, and I said yes.  She's too young and too good for me by half.  And I do hope that this one sticks. 

Just now, swt61 said:

Good luck Jacob.

I'm heading off to my first day at my new job.

Thanks, and awesome: good luck, Steve!

• Like 2