And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

We're under a winter storm warning tonight expecting 6-12 inches of snow. Day was in the 40s with wind gusts 25-30 mph.

Picked up our new puppy yesterday and surprisingly, he slept through the night without an accident. Not counting on that to continue but would be nice if it did. None of the names on our short list fit so still no name. He's a handsome little guy with obvious potential to be a great hunting companion.

We're under a winter storm warning tonight expecting 6-12 inches of snow. Day was in the 40s with wind gusts 25-30 mph.

Picked up our new puppy yesterday and surprisingly, he slept through the night without an accident. Not counting on that to continue but would be nice if it did. None of the names on our short list fit so still no name. He's a handsome little guy with obvious potential to be a great hunting companion.

Very cool for you Al. I miss having a dog. A LOT!

It's January 1st, 50 degrees, there's no snow and I have a new bike computer. So I went for a ride.

Nice Nate! and Chris!

I was hoping to get in a ride either Friday or Saturday but the weather didn't cooperate, and I am just starting to get over a bad chest cold, so really didn't feel up to it anyhow. Today just sucks weather-wise, much like I am guessing Aimless1 is going thru.

Edited by Pars

I shaved my beard and mustache off the other day, and got my first haircut in over a year as well. It's now just finger high and a blend of dark roots coming in and the bleached remains at the tips. Here are a sample of the comments I've received during the past couple of days:

"Wow! You look gay..."

"You would fit right in at South Beach!"

"I never knew."

"Faggot!"

The first three came from family members and friends who were just giving me a hard time. But the "faggot" comment came from some stranger at O'Hare who stopped me in the middle of this huge tunnel between the parking lot and terminals. He was kind of a green tooth looking type and started in on how his car got towed above, and I really didn't have the time nor patience for him, so I kind of shushed him and waved him off, while turning and walking away at the same time. He then got all pissed, and said, "Wow! You're really doing that. Walking away while I'm in mid-sentence." So I just kept walking and then I heard him saying, "Asshole!" Then a few steps later, "Faggot!" Too funny.

As I know I'll get a lot of "Worthless without pics!" comments if I don't include a pic, here I am with one of my nieces.

IMG_8975.jpg

The Santa glasses now look like bottom glasses. Need to ditch those as well.

spent an hour painting the bar almost black with some paint i already had. yay/nay?

and those are BHSE parts everywhere.

newpaint_small.jpg

Nice, but I'd prefer a darker wood? If you need help storing those BHSE parts let me know biggrin.png

Edited by HDen

Aww, I miss Santa.

Nice job, and I am glad to see you seemed to survive that unbelieveable schedule Wayne. Happy New Year!

Oh, don't worry. Santa is coming back! Just had to scrap my beard because of all of the bleaching damage... pushed way too hard in October, causing a lot of breakage, so this year I'll start bleaching much earlier and will reduce both the frequency and intensity of bleaching sessions.

Love the Black Justin. I think painting the kitchen cabinet wall a light Gray might set it off even better, or a lighter hue of that ottoman. Also love the industrial bar stools.

Wayne, back in the day I had my hair every color and style imaginable, as my good friend was a renowned stylist in town. Also I got very into forward fashion ATT, think Claude Montana & Thierry Mugler. A hoop earring in each ear added to the overall statement. So I received comments like those you received all the time. I'd usually reply something like "Hey sweetie, isn't gaydar great, so guys like you and I can recognize each other." I admit that at times it did hurt, but like anything, you grow immune after a while.

Of coarse I WAS gay. It must be a whole new feeling to hear that and be straight.

BTW, your Niece is adorable!

Edited by swt61