And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

An elderly gent wheels his golf cart into the driveway of my jobsite this afternoon.....

Residents of a couple oddball places like Briny Breezes excepted, an old guy driving a golf cart is not usually good news.

You can often tell a lot about somebody by their choice of car.

Which reminds me. They released the Scion iQ to dealers last week. I should go on a tire-kicking expedition.

Yesterday, we drove 4.5 hours to see my folks up in Maine. This after driving for ~8 hours total to see my in-laws and for family Christmas gathering earlier in the week. While I enjoy seeing everyone during this time of the year, I sure don't enjoy the driving that goes with it. Another 4.5 hours tomorrow and we'll be done with long driving for a while, I hope.

^ We'll probably be getting one when we reclaim the passenger seat, which will be when our daughter is old/heavy/tall enough to have the car seat facing forward. With the car seat placed facing backward behind passenger seats, no average or larger human can sit comfortably in our passenger seats right now.

Hoping your Mom gets better Vicki.

As requested by Vicki, here's a pic, though the patch doesn't look very pirate like. Also note that I am smiling but the traitor right side of my face refuses to play along. It's one week now with zero improvement. Kind of depressing but not so bad considering stuff other folks have been going through. Any way, here ya go

Do1vt.jpg

Mike, I feel bad now about making "eye pad" jokes with the kids during Santa season. You would just never believe how many 7-10 year old kids were asking for iPads! I was really quite surprised this year. Then someone sent me a joke email that showed this old Larry David sort of looking guy wearing an eye pad, and it gave me an idea. So I went to the ER at the hospital in Cayman and asked 3 or 4 nurses for eye pads (explaining the joke) until one of them finally came back with a couple of them for me. After that, every time a kid asked for an iPad, I would offer him or her one of them. Then they would say, "No, I want and iPad2!!!!" at which time I would pull out the other eye pad and pretend to put one over each of my eyes, and ask, "If you used 2 eye pads, how would you see anything?" The parents seemed to think it was a lott funnier than the kids did...