And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sorry Mike. Nice to have Antonio here!

You don't look so bad at all. But agree that a cooler patch would be nice. When I was a resident, the chairman of our department had this. He looked WAY worse, but worked right through it, and didn't miss a beat. Tonight I'll toast to your facial nerve and the start of its recovery. Feel better soon, buddy!

John, remind me again why I refer to you as a friend? smile.png

Heh, maybe wait until you see the patch! wink.png

because otherwise he can have you forcibly remanded to the care of the state

Ya know, there are strict laws surrounding that any more. It's really hard, and it's mostly up to the judge now. Not like the good ol' days of straight jackets, forced lobotomies, shock therapy without anesthesia, ice water dunking, insulin shock therapy... well, you get the idea. Hmmm ... I wonder why people are often scared of me when they find out I'm a shrink ...

Edited by jvlgato

Vicky, I'm sorry for these unfortunate setbacks. I hope things get better for you and yours. Best wishes your way smile.png

This. I hope that your mom is doing better, Vicki.

Ya know, there are strict laws surrounding that any more. It's really hard, and it's mostly up to the judge now. Not like the good ol' days of straight jackets, forced lobotomies, shock therapy without anesthesia, ice water dunking, insulin shock therapy... well, you get the idea.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Oh, bummer. I hoped I was at least a little bit of a metrosexual. I think I'm more sensitive and emotionally connected than the typical guy (though it takes effort). When I got a real job, I learned how to dress reasonably well in an office setting. It took work, but I did it. I like showtunes a little bit, and am a sucker for cheesy ballads. That stuff is on the Kinsey Scale, isn't it? I should at least be a 1 1/2! wink.png

rofl.gif I want to see Mike's new patch prettyprincess.gif

I wonder if by "package" John means kits with patches and complements like these

E151.jpg

E148.jpg

Oooh! Damn, I didn't see those! Feel free to chip in ... I'll make it a point to be at Mike's when it arrives.

John, maybe you are higher up on the Kinsey scale than you thought. ;)

An elderly gent wheels his golf cart into the driveway of my jobsite this afternoon, after lunch. he doesn't knock, but just opens the door and walks in. He looks around a bit and asks who's in charge. I tell him I am, and since I know he's not my local building inspector, I assume he's with OSHA. He starts asking pointed questions about the Hurricane strapping, other Simpson hardware, What kind of glue lams are under the sheetrock that we are in the middle of hanging and so on. I'm thinking that The inspector's boss must be checking up on him. This guy asks to see my permit, then asks me why there's no vapor barrier on the walls that aren't yet rocked. This question puzzles me, as vapor barriers are mostly used in a cold climate. Down here they create more problems than they solve, as in mold issues. So I finally ask this gentleman who he's working for. "Oh, I'm a retired builder from Minnesota" he says. So are you working for the city down here? "Nope, just stopped by to give you some suggestions".

I just spent 15 valuable minutes with a bored, retired contractor. And one who obviously never built in the South. As you might imagine I had a few suggestions of my own. This guy seemed truly puzzled that I'd be miffed at him barging into my job uninvited, acting like an authority figure and wasting my time. Learn Golf!