And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Actually got out of work on time for once and am ready for my three-day weekend. Picked up my new, old bike and took it for a little spin. Went to Panera Bread and ate some New England Clam Chowder in honor of my dad (it was his fav). Today would have been my folks 54th wedding anniversary. Mom is being stoic, but it has to be getting to her. I'm just glad she's on her way to indiana to be with her sisters for the weekend. i'm hoping for less rain, some nice bike rides, and good eats this weekend. I feel good.

Taking the day off with joanne. Lunch at Sam's overlooking the bay, with the beautiful people, and us :) Then onto "The Cult of Beauty" exhibition at the legion of honor thanks to some free Tix from a friend. Now chilling with a Latte and free wi-fi in the city before a meetup with a bunch of Brits. Later we're supposed to be on the guest list at Slim's. We shall see. Not a bad start to a long weekend. All this and Eurovision!

Nice to hear all the good goings-on.......

Another Bar-Mitzvah party for us today, twins in my son's class, and we know the folks; he is a local newsman, off the anchor desk for some time though. Service this morning, party later tonight. Then BBQ's the rest of the weekend! Going to break out my Buffalo Kielbasa methinks.....yum

Drove up to TnTech where I went to school for a while for a goodo friend's wedding reception today. Got to hang out with some old friends who came up early, and the kids are having a great time chilling in a hotel room. Hotels with wifi + 2x 3DS + 2x Laptops = hotels are more fun than they were in my day? (<<< typed from my iPad with keyboard while laying on a bed... which has an ethernet jack next to it).

Now, an hour or two from going to meet an old friend, her man-friend (husband? idk), and her kids for a cookout for lunch, then on to the wedding reception. Haven't seen some of these guys in 3-10 years... i'm stoked.

Oh yeah... so it turns out at least 2 others ALMOST brought their bikes... but we weren't sure if anyone else was. :palm:

**BRENT**

Hey Graham,

How was the exhibition? I was thinking of going to the LOH next week. One of my favorite places in the whole wide world (I love that view of the Bay!).

More interesting than impressive. The context of "Art for Art's sake" in the middle of the Victorian era, and the characters involved are well explained and illustrated. Glad we went. You can see the impact of William Morris, in Liberty prints today.

Here's a good review (from when it was at the V&A).

The vistas from the LOH are remarkable. Check out the new Vista point

ba-bridgeplaza25_SFC0111237416.jpg

and Lands End Lookout

ba-landsend29_SFC0110498776.jpg

while you're there

Maybe she needs a visit from Santa ... wink.png

Yes, she does need a visit from Santa, but everybody needs that!

Actually, my mom is nothing like your mom, at least when it comes to computers. She's perfectly happy with not knowing anything more than absolutely necessary to do basic things like email. I've been trying to get her to download Skype for months. She'll say, "You can set it up for me next time you come home," to which I'll say, "Just type skype.com and follow the instructions for setting up an account. There's really nothing to it... won't even take 5 minutes!"

Edited by Wmcmanus

Played with Batou...who's probably being renamed. Possibly Seamus. Person caring for him doesn't like "Batou", says he "looks scary", not "cute". So she came up with "Shamu", because curled up, he kinda looked like a killer whale. So I said, "so 'Batou' is not cute enough, but 'Shamu' -- a KILLER WHALE -- is okay?" She looked adequately sheepish, and said that Seamus might be okay.

Yes, she does need a visit from Santa, but everybody needs that!

Actually, my mom is nothing like your mom, at least when it comes to computers. She's perfectly happy with not knowing anything more than absolutely necessary to do basic things like email. I've been trying to get her to download Skype for months. She'll say, "You can set it up for me next time you come home," to which I'll say, "Just type skype.com and follow the instructions for setting up an account. There's really nothing to it... won't even take 5 minutes!"

Yeah, they sound pretty different in that regard. Sounds easier in some ways, though probably can be a problem in other ways.

Well, Mom is visiting right now, and we've been fine . She looked at the iPad, asked a few questions, said 'it must be a generational thing. I just don't get it.' And we moved on to what to eat for lunch. :)

Edited by jvlgato