And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Lads ... young Matt is somewhat mechanically challenged, not to mention, a trifle ungainly for the comfines of small, contorted places that automobile maintenance sometimes requires. He was wise to seek professional help.

Sorry I missed this for a week, but yes, that. I tried to get at the starter but I've got the V6 rodeo and it was pretty crampy in there. Part of the exhaust needed to come out for me to have a shot at messing with it.

I got pretty decent at big truck maintenance for a while. That's a job made for a big lunk like me, usually there is lots of room to get at what you need. Worst possible job for me? Boat engine maintenance unsure.png.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Thanks for all the well wishes and happy birthdays to my dad. He had a great time and we saw the only win against the Rangers this weekend, so it was meant to be! He has loved baseball all of his life and instilled that love in me. It was too bad that we couldn't quite get Willie Mays to connect with my dad, even though Willie's suite was just down the hall and several of us ran into him always going the wrong direction. The second half of the 90th birthday weekend was yesterday, where various relatives and friends gathered at my dad's house. His oldest living friend from 1946 to the present was there and doing great, and lots of great stories were shared.

• Like 1

Will be giving a deposition later today on a patient I saw last year. She is trying to claim damages from emotional trauma of an alleged drugging/rape (uncertain if the rape part of it is already proven or not, I'd guess it must be, if they want to talk to me?).

Being interviewed by a bunch of lawyers just makes me nervous. Going out for drinks with them? Awesome! Interviewed for a few hours by them? Scary.

BTW, congrats on the car sale, Dusty! I've had a good experience with CarMax in the past, as well.

Edited by jvlgato

Ooh ... my ... god. Just finished that dep ... four hours of questions over and over, every little detail, same question asked every which way, exhausting ... though it was kind of fun watching the two sides go after each other. You HC lawyers, I'm amazed at your ability to focus for that long and think about every possible angle to every possible detail. Amazing.

I need a drink...

Nah, I think they will go out for drinks after having trashed each other.

It wasn't that bad, as long as you're not the one getting sued. I just don't do well when I'm hungry. Some leftover pizza and a Manhattan, and I'm good again.

And they paid me a crap load of money, so I can't really complain.

Had an interesting experience today. Walked into physical therapy today and started talking to the PT.

PT: Have you seen the doc (surgeon) yet?

Me: Nope, I see him tomorrow.

PT: Yeah, he has been on vacation for a while.

Me: Yeah, I tried to get an appt but they told me he was on vacation then I find out that he is going to do surgery on Lance Berkman. (Sarcastically) I guess Lance is more important than me.

PT: (Pointing in back of me and talking softly) Lance is right behind you.

At that point, I look over a three tables over is Lance Berkman (there is nobody between us, the place is usually pretty empty on Tuesday mornings). Luckily he is wearing earbuds so I don't think he heard me. facepalm.png I felt like an idiot. I am a big Berkman fan so it was pretty cool to see him.

Edited by shellylh

My uncle had surgery yesterday and there were some complications. One of my cousins (who's quite religious) was trying to convince one of my other cousins (who is decidedly not) to pray. There was some drama. Funny how stressful situations bring simmering family tension to the surface. It has been a long an hellacious day. It's raining and i don't want to go to the gym.

Ooh ... my ... god. Just finished that dep ... four hours of questions over and over, every little detail, same question asked every which way, exhausting ... though it was kind of fun watching the two sides go after each other. You HC lawyers, I'm amazed at your ability to focus for that long and think about every possible angle to every possible detail. Amazing.

I need a drink...

I've just come off a 4 day jury trial that finished last Friday. This required working for 3 and a half full days of preparation, and working from 5:00 am to at least 7:00 pm every day of the trial to keep on top of things.