And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took Bobby over to Linda's for a play date with the cat formerly known as Batou and is currently going with the working title of Diego (a Zorro reference). Bobby was a horrible guest, but understandably so, and at least he didn't rough up the little guy, and even Missy (3rd cat -- Bobby's ex-roommate, sort of) kept him in his place, so ... we're still working out the kinks, but it's not unrecoverable.

Drove up to TnTech where I went to school for a while for a goodo friend's wedding reception today. Got to hang out with some old friends who came up early, and the kids are having a great time chilling in a hotel room. Hotels with wifi + 2x 3DS + 2x Laptops = hotels are more fun than they were in my day? (<<< typed from my iPad with keyboard while laying on a bed... which has an ethernet jack next to it).

Now, an hour or two from going to meet an old friend, her man-friend (husband? idk), and her kids for a cookout for lunch, then on to the wedding reception. Haven't seen some of these guys in 3-10 years... i'm stoked.

Oh yeah... so it turns out at least 2 others ALMOST brought their bikes... but we weren't sure if anyone else was. facepalm.png

**BRENT**

OK, so the cookout was good, catching up with an old friend who wasn't at the other thing. I get to the sorta-casual outdoor wedding recreation/ceremony about 20 minutes before it started. I then have someone run up to me "You need to find the bridal party, they need you." I'm like... "uhmmmm... OK?" Another friend comes up "You need to find John and the wedding party, I think you're supposed to be in it." *WTF!?!?!?* I had no prior knowledge of this. I was wearing a button down, khaki cargo shorts and my "dress" (read: new) black VFF KSOs.

Ten minutes til start, I get the instructions on where to go and what to do. I felt really bad up there. No one was in a tux (coulda brought mine had I known), but damn, was I casual.

Crazy day, but as a groomsman gift, I got a special version of what we all got... various athletic focused nice socks. Injinji black toe socks for me. ;) I haven't found them in my size in black the past year and a half I've been looking locally.

Had a pretty good weekend. Since then, allergies have been kicking my ass, but THAT was good stuff.

**BRENT**

Heh, that's a fairly random connection. Did you figure this out during the meeting?

I tried to get my car into the shop today with its packed up starter, but they are booked solid through tuesday. No car till then, I'm not going to any other shop this time.

He had given me a heads up that I might run into her in my pursuit, so I'd been on the lookout.

Sorry about your car ... :(

Heh, that's a fairly random connection. Did you figure this out during the meeting?

I tried to get my car into the shop today with its packed up starter, but they are booked solid through tuesday. No car till then, I'm not going to any other shop this time.

Is the starter in an awkward place on your car? They're usually super easy to replace yourself as long as you can safely jack the car up (ramps or jack stands).

• Like 1

Is the starter in an awkward place on your car? They're usually super easy to replace yourself as long as you can safely jack the car up (ramps or jack stands).

Yep, usually two bolts and an electrical wiring plug.

Generally really easy to rebuild too.

Lads ... young Matt is somewhat mechanically challenged, not to mention, a trifle ungainly for the comfines of small, contorted places that automobile maintenance sometimes requires. He was wise to seek professional help.

Brent, my wife, Becky, grew up in a hicksville non-town just 10 miles north of TN Tech (Rickman). Great country place with great folks. Some of her/our best friends are people she started 1st grade with. She went to Tech, too, back in the day. Small world, wot

• Like 1

Damn, Jacob! I was gonna get you that KitchenAid mixie thing for the nuptials. Guess it's back to the can opener.

j/k, of course, and glad to know the ka is equal to the heavy duty dough mixing challenge. Love fresh bread, and glad you do it the old school way without the bread makers of recent time (nttiawwt). Throw on a slab of butter for me, and enjoy, brother.

Edited by agile_one

Reks, I'm sure Dr Shelly could refine this math, but for a simple engineer,

Time saved with KA mixer = Time used for (fill in the blank)

Your blank may not = my blank, but that's what makes us all interesting, and worth appreciating.

Oh, wait, I forgot about the whole time thing ... this seemed important a second ago, but now looks like drivel. What, Dom? Another hit? Sure, that will make it all make sense. Wait, I already said that .... Alice, white rabbit, Al, Mike, JP, dinny ... help me ....

Jacob, you don't have that shovel in your hand, do you? ... ok, off to the "Are You Drunk" thread.