And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

OK, inner ear, not middle ear. A little in the middle. Even though it still hurts and is stuffy, visual confirmation that it's looking better. Sticking with this round of treatment then going on.

Mentioned the other drops, she didn't think it necessary since it was inner ear (which, seeing as I went 32 years without an ear infection, I didn't know the difference in, from feel alone, and I guess I didn't hear her say either way the first time.)

Heh, just thought it would be amusing if Steve were a certain kind of doctor.

**BRENT**

Inner ear? No way, did your doc say that?. Inner ear is the cochlea and labyrinth, if you had an inflammation of infection there you'd be deaf and with a so serious vertigo that you wouldn't be able to post. You've more likely got an external ear infection which is perhaps also getting into the middle ear if you have a perforation or other condition. If pain gets worse when you touch your tragus, it's likely an externa ear infection. If pain doesn't change, then I'd think of middle ear infection which might be getting to the external ear. Either way, don't wet the ear, just use the prescribed drops and take the NSAID, painkillers and whatever helps to relief the pain. BTW, local heat (as in a warm water bag) on the ear can be very helpful to relief the pain.

Edited by Torpedo

Inner ear? No way, did your doc say that?. Inner ear is the cochlea and labyrinth, if you had an inflammation of infection there you'd be deaf and with a so serious vertigo that you wouldn't be able to post. You've more likely got an external ear infection which is perhaps also getting into the middle ear if you have a perforation or other condition. If pain gets worse when you touch your tragus, it's likely an externa ear infection. If pain doesn't change, then I'd think of middle ear infection which might be getting to the external ear. Either way, don't wet the ear, just use the prescribed drops and take the NSAID, painkillers and whatever helps to relief the pain. BTW, local heat (as in a warm water bag) on the ear can be very helpful to relief the pain.

Touching my tragus sounds dirty.

She said inner ear. Touching of tragus has inflicted pain in past could of days. She says it's right behind the eardrum, and that the amoxicillin should take care of that.

Supposed to see her again in a week or so when this round of meds runs its course. Pain worsened and let off from last night til this morning, and hearing is down, but not the "deaf" feeling like I had earlier.

No vertigo that I have noticed.

Thanks for all your help!

**BRENT**

Came home to find my POS Fios modem is dead but I have been assured I will have a new one within 1-2 weeks. While I continue paying for their shitty 150MB down 50MB up service as well as every channel they offer they can't be bothered to use express shipping.

Brent, behind the eardrum is the middle ear. Amoxicilin should take care of a middle ear otitis pretty well. In the worst case infection will end up perforating the drum and suppurating, which would relief the pain. However there's probably some inflammation of the external ear canal. If symptoms worsen, like more pain, dizziness, vertigo, hearing loss, facial palsy... go to your ENT right away.

Take your pills, use some local heat on your ear, and avoid water getting into it, just the antibiotic drops. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance  ;)

Came home to find my POS Fios modem is dead but I have been assured I will have a new one within 1-2 weeks. While I continue paying for their shitty 150MB down 50MB up service as well as every channel they offer they can't be bothered to use express shipping.

Bastards!  Although, I wish we could get Verizon tv+internet here.... we're stuck with Comcast.

Comcast was okay when I last had it.  The Fios Internet has been quite good though several of my cable boxes don't get all the channels.  I unplugged the modem and hit it really hard several times and now it is back to working.  I think it just needed some intimidation.

I should start a fix-it service.