And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Mmm dinner, I am penciling myself in for dinner, well, pretty much all the time.  

Got up at 6est for a 9 hour flight home (including short layover in Hotlanta), then had to go into work to get some stuff done for about 2 hours.  I predict a lazy Saturday.

Edited by cetoole

Went to Shipshawana Indiana to pick up the missing ottoman for our deck furniture. Then up to a little brewery named Bare Hands for a couple of beers and some pretzels with a nice horseradish cheese for dipping. Then drove another 45 minutes north to Paw Paw, Michigan to Paw Paw Brewing. It's a tiny little hole in the wall but had some great beers and an equally great burger. 

Left Paw Paw and headed down I-94 for home. What should I see in the rearview mirror not long after getting on the highway? How about one of these:

eded8VZ.jpg

m3WFdsD.jpg?1

2Gv1D0B.jpg?1

Yep, a McLaren 12C. Wish we had better pics but not bad for Debbie's iPhone 5 at speeds between 70 and 95 MPH on a less than perfectly paved I-94. In the middle pic you can see a Corvette and a Carrera S. They were traveling as a pack and we ran with them for maybe 75 miles. They all peeled off around Portage, Indiana. I think to myself that seeing the McLaren is a one in a million thing. So what do I see 10 miles further down the road going in the opposite direction? Yep, another one, this time in gray. Couldn't believe it.

Edited by Absorbine_Sr

Picked up the family after their week of community service at a Omaha homeless shelter.

Hit 116 degrees in the valley on the way home so for those of you visiting So Cal next week take note. >:D

Edited by Augsburger

CJ, glad to hear trip went so well!

Me: did some touring in Montreal, including an awesome Chihuly exhibit at the Fine Arts Museum. Visited several fun areas, and went to a store that sold Stax and Senn gear, only to find it was closed (Facebook page said it would be open 12-5, maybe summer hours).

Should catch some free music at the Jazz Festival tonight, for now just relaxing a bit....

Nice city!

Nice, about Terry Francona.  As good as he is as a manager, he's also an outstanding color commentator.  I've always had the sense that he's a "good vibes" kind of guy, and that he's kept a healthy perspective.  Far too many people in his postion get all caught up in how important they've become.

• Like 1