And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just returned from taking Mary, my son and daughter to LAX.  They will be gone for one week on a community service project working at a homeless teen shelter in Omaha. This trip should really give the participants something to ponder as they will be meeting and working with teens who have had very different experiences growing up and unfortunately much worse prospects for the future.  Last year the group worked on a reservation in New Mexico helping the residents repair their meeting hall and other projects.  It is a great thing to see a group of teenagers excited to spend a week of their summer vacation in service to others. 

I will be toasting them many times a safe journey and great experience.

• Like 1

..... and no more advil until until 24 hours after your mega dose.  You want to keep your kidneys intact, they are worth more than your burning thumb.

Isn't that what dialysis is for?

Seriously Jacob, I thought I was bad in the kitchen.... I have cut or burned anything in weeks though.

Nice Dan, how packed was it along the way?  Hopefully you stopped a few times.

Me: finished mowing the yard in brutal heat.  Took a 25 mile bike ride later in the day in worse conditions.  My Garmin said the average temp was over 90.  Thank god for the new AC.

Day 4 of the living room renovation. Slower progress than hoped, but things are going well. The floor was 7" out of level in 16'. You read that right... 7"! The joys of living in the loft of a 100+ year barn. But it's one of the last things I need to do before the baby comes. My father has, as always, been amazing to work with. Can't wait for things to wrap up.