And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

For good or for a visit?

To paraphrase Al of sorts.  Roundtrip booking or one way?  You implied singular booking meaning OW.   ^-^

One way baby!!!

I'm moving to Sacramento! I've wanted to move out of Texas since, well since about a week after moving to Texas. :)

It only took 12 years, but things have happened that have helped to push me in that direction. I'm excited!

I won't be a true Bay Area guy, but I imagine Al, Ric, Steve and others will open the gate and let me through once in a while. I'm also trying to tag other changes onto this one, i.e. healthier eating, better and more exercise (impossible to ride a bike safely here), building a better social life (I have really missed throwing dinner parties), etc...

• Like 5

One way baby!!!

I'm moving to Sacramento! I've wanted to move out of Texas since, well since about a week after moving to Texas. :)

It only took 12 years, but things have happened that have helped to push me in that direction. I'm excited!

I won't be a true Bay Area guy, but I imagine Al, Ric, Steve and others will open the gate and let me through once in a while. I'm also trying to tag other changes onto this one, i.e. healthier eating, better and more exercise (impossible to ride a bike safely here), building a better social life (I have really missed throwing dinner parties), etc...

Congrats on the pending move.... very exciting!  I've wanted to live in/near the Bay area since the first time I visited... so jealous.

Excellent news, Steve.

Mike, I'm sure it was a tough trip but a proud one as well.

It was both.  Watching him walk into the terminal with the green Army duffel on his back was not easy.  On the bright side, they didn't charge him $25 for the checking it. :)

Cool stuff, Steve.  The gate to Mayberry or door to SF will always be open for you, but I'm afraid I cannot let you through other openings (and I mean afraid).  

:rly_owl:

Thanks all.  He has not committed yet.  This is the first two years of ROTC in 30 days.  It's pretty intense.  He has to decide before his junior year (end of summer) if he is going to continue which I think includes a 4 year commitment.

That is both impressive and frightening, Mike.  I'm not against the service, but I hope he ultimately chooses a different path.  That would make me nervous as hell as a parent.

Edited by Voltron

Thanks all! Brent, you and everyone else here are invited to the first dinner party! it may be a long drive home though.

:P at Al !

Mike, I hope everything works out for the best. 

Ken, Texas isn't the problem. Parts of Texas are awesome. The Corpus Christi Bay area isn't one of them. 

Congrats Mike, and best wishes for your son.

Steve, let me be the first to welcome you to team Cali BBQ FTW! Your first job will be to build a massive BBQ island then sign up to be the second stop of the MOA tour de Cali.

Welcome 'bro!