And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I was in the smallest, oldest, noisiest MRI machine I've ever been in.  My shoulders were almost too wide to fit into it, and I feel like they hammered me into it, and then squeezed me out like toothpaste.  I'm guessing linebackers don't get put into machines like that?

The first MRI I had was an Open Bore MRI machine and it was on my hip so I went in feet first. The second one was a regular one and it was on my shoulder so head first. They started putting me in there and I was freaking out. I thought it was funny because they told me to breathe shallowly so I wouldn't move the shoulder. However, I was practically hyperventilating (I'm slightly claustrophobic). The only thing that helped me through was that I figured that I had enough room to get out by wiggling like an inchworm. the next MRI I had I made sure I got to go to the Open Bore MRI again.

After being in the little MRI machine, I was talking to my orthopedic surgeon (who used to be an NFL offensive lineman) and asking him how football players got MRIs. He said that he could only fit his shoulders in if he lifted his arms above his head.

Mark Adickes

http://www.memorialhermann.org/doctors/orthopedic-surgeons/dr-mark-adickes-md-212627/

http://www.jocktodoc.com/mark-adickes-md.html

He seems a lot smarter than the average football player. :) I actually really like having a doctor whose had to go through similar surgeries himself.

Maybe repeating myself, but was classmates in med school with John Frank, the Ohio State then SF 49er tight end. Nice guy, though kept to himself. Maybe got tired of us hoping he'd play on our intramural football team. Plus his Porsch 911 was a bit nicer than the beaters all of us were driving around, not mention his Super Bowl rings. He retired early from the NFL. Got tired of things like being yelled at if he helped a guy from the other team get up.

Glad your guy has been good for you!

Went out for yet another apple picking.  Just like the other apple picking outings, we saw a lot of iPads/tablets and Asian families.  I'm not sure why, but we see more Asian families whenever we go apple picking - maybe the farm we go for picking is popular with Asian families in the area.  It always throws me off a bit when I here conversations in Japanese while picking apples.

So after my "fun" weekend that some of you know about, I wound up taking the kids roller skating with a friend of the family. Kids were having a blast until Zoe's 14th or 15th fall caught up with her, and she hurt her arm. Wound up going to Urgent Care to get it checked out, just to be safe. Forearm X-rays were clear, and then we were about to be sent home with a clean bill of health, but then she brought up her wrist hurting. Another exam and 3-4 x-rays later, and we get a splint, a sling, and a referral to an ortho doc.

She's in good spirits, though. Took her out for Krystal's Chili Cheese Fries (one of her favs), and she's all smiles and thumbs-up.

1385949_10151742189101589_1751122672_n.j

The doc said it's a Salter-Harris Type 1, so from the insanely little I know about that, it's the least serious of those. We'll see what the ortho doc says, but worst case it's a cast and she gets all her friends to sign it. We even started talking about colors she could get if it comes to it. I figure it's a "probably" for the cast, just to be safe, if nothing else.

I'm SO glad if this had to happen, it was after she went on her horseback riding trip on Saturday morning. She had so much fun this weekend, even though it didn't go as planned. I'm glad she's able to keep her spirits high... and also glad we had two trained nurses sitting with us at the skating rink, who sent us to the new Urgent Care center which turns out to be where my old Primary Care physician now works.

Crazy weekend.

**BRENT**

Maybe repeating myself, but was classmates in med school with John Frank, the Ohio State then SF 49er tight end. Nice guy, though kept to himself. Maybe got tired of us hoping he'd play on our intramural football team. Plus his Porsch 911 was a bit nicer than the beaters all of us were driving around, not mention his Super Bowl rings. He retired early from the NFL. Got tired of things like being yelled at if he helped a guy from the other team get up.

Glad your guy has been good for you!

Very cool! 

Sorry about Zoe's fall Brent. 

Heal quickly Zoe.

Spent 8 hours on the road, passed deer, turkeys and 10 miles from my destination almost hit tow feral hogs.  Pulled in the driveway and thought it was Foxfire reenactment with a skinned deer hanging from a pole and two guys butchering it.  4 onlookers.  Maybe it was the feral hogs that made me think that, I don't know.

Rustic cabin on a pretty little lake with the fall colors reflecting off the calm surface.  Nitro's first bird hunting trip.  Hopefully we'll stumble across a few birds tomorrow ... but not the hogs.