And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took my car to a local shop since it started having some shifting issues last week.  The shop called and tells me that transmission fluid is leaking and it's all over the transmission.  At this point, I'm dreading hearing how much it's going to cost me to get it fixed.  Instead, the guy on the phone tells me the car's powertrain may still be under warranty based on its mileage (they'd called a local Honda dealer to check) so I should take the car ASAP to a Honda dealer to see if I can get it repaired for free.  They charged me nothing for all this, even though I know they didn't have to call Honda in regards to warranty and just could've proceeded with the repair there.  I was very grateful.

Wow, good news Haj....!

Not to put a damper on things, but going back to NJ tomorrow morning, likely to say good bye to my father-in-law.  Still in the hospital, painfully weak and not eating.  But OK enough to take out a feeding tube they put in....  It sounds blunt and hateful, but his passing may be a blessing (for him and my mother-in-law, who is having HER life drained away trying to care for him).  Just hope my MIL would still move up here.....we want her here, and I truly believe she will have the best chance of living life in a good and caring/helpful community here.

So sorry, Todd! Best to you and your family.

As you suggested, when it's time to go, I think it's best to go quickly and painlessly. Let everyone gather and celebrate his life, mourn the loss, and prepare to move on. I've seen so much more damage come from forcing things to linger with false hope, and trying to control the uncontrollable.

Hope this weekend goes as well as possible for you!

So sorry, Todd! Best to you and your family.

As you suggested, when it's time to go, I think it's best to go quickly and painlessly. Let everyone gather and celebrate his life, mourn the loss, and prepare to move on. I've seen so much more damage come from forcing things to linger with false hope, and trying to control the uncontrollable.

Hope this weekend goes as well as possible for you!

This is sage advice and I share the hope that it goes a well as it can.