And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just occurred to me that I probably posted about Quest in the wrong thread. Sorry. I was and I am upset.

Tonight he is full of piss and vinegar. Took him to the vet. Narrowed it down to either an cardiac event or a neurological episode. Ruled out epilepsy and Lyme disease. So we don't know. Ordered blood work which I don't expect to show anything. This going as expected. Karyl pointed out the similarities to Patch who had a brain tumor. She is probably right in which case it is a death watch of unknown duration..

:(

Tonight he is full of piss and vinegar. Took him to the vet. Narrowed it down to either an cardiac event or a neurological episode. Ruled out epilepsy and Lyme disease. So we don't know. Ordered blood work which I don't expect to show anything.

One of my mom's beagles began to suffer frequent seizures a few years back. Since that time, he's been on a daily regimen of Phenobarbital. This has curbed his seizures down to one or two per year since, with no negative side effects other than frequent urination. Other than that, he is a happy "puppy" (actually ~8 or 9 y/o rescue).

Hopefully Quest has a full recovery. Stay positive Al.

At some point today, the ball of my foot starting hurting. Now it hurts to walk on it. Fuck, I really don't need another injury; I was just starting to get over the other two. I also have no clue how it happened. I hope it is temporary.

Good news, my foot is almost all better!  I tested it out at physical therapy (I had to skip last week because of my foot) and there wasn't too much soreness using the elliptic for 10 minutes.  I'm still going to refrain for running/jumping for another week - not going to push my luck.  

• Like 3

Visited my friend Howard's shop to buy a record brush. Listened to a very impressive all Ayre electronics with Focal speakers system for a while. I'm not familiar with any of the components, but sound that good from a Red Book CD makes me think their disk players and DACs are worth a real serious look. Of course anybody with a shit ton of money could just grab the whole system as a hifi in a box. &IM

He didn't have any Decca brushes though. I'll order one from Todd.

• Like 1

Good news, my foot is almost all better!  I tested it out at physical therapy (I had to skip last week because of my foot) and there wasn't too much soreness using the elliptic for 10 minutes.  I'm still going to refrain for running/jumping for another week - not going to push my luck.

Woot! Smart taking it slow.

Glad to  hear your foot is better, Shelly! Those injuries are really scary when you don't know if it's the beginning of something big or something that just vanishes suddenly. Glad it was the latter.

Agree that you might want to look into good/new footwear and/or orthotics. I've had similar problems that improved with just good new shoes. I'd suggest new workout shoes every 6-12 months if you're using them regularly.

Great news Shelly!

Foot problems are the worst.

They can linger a lot longer than normal simply because it's impossible to function normally without abusing a foot injury.

Then when it starts to heal, your gait is all screwed up (but that goes away pretty quick).

When I was having bouts of gout (good name for an album?) I bought a pair of fleece lined moccasins for around the house.

Got another call from the insurance company, after I had appealed their decision last week that our water damage claim was not covered.  

They looked more deeply into the wording of our policy (and other facts of the case) and agreed that since the sump pump "inside the house" had failed and lead to water getting inside, that they'll pay for the dry-out, clean-up, new carpet pad, drywall repair, and etc.  So, we can instead focus on repairing and re-grading the landscape at the back of the house (still not cheap).  Very thankful for their help, although I'm sure my rates will go up next year.