And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Watched a CalFire OV-10 circle overhead and act as a FAC while a fire was contained on a local hillside. The accompanying tankers made a couple of runs, but the actual fire was out of sight, behind a ridge or two from where I was. Nice to have this kind of CAS when you need it.

EDIT: News report http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/north_bay&id=9277152

EDIT: some pics from sfgate http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Wildfire-in-Marin-Co-beaten-into-submission-4874306.php

628x471.jpg

628x471.jpg

Edited by Grahame

Flew back from San Diego yesterday after slipping off of a cliff and falling about 10 feet while attempting to take a picture. Apparently, the "cliffs" aren't made of rock and I hadn't walked far up along the coast to see the sign that told me not to stand on the edge. Not a single scratch on me with the exception of either a partial or complete tear of the LCL in my right knee. MRI tomorrow morning to rule in/out surgery. Might need to withdraw from med school this year if surgery happens. Really really hoping that I can walk away from this with just a brace. Pun intended. 

The one I was taking just before busting my knee. 

rvI4Aca.jpg

Another one from the day before. 

cIJTaQa.jpg

San Diego from Coronado Island. 

VxCX15T.jpg

I really like that second one.

Me:  stayed home.  Have no intention of straying more than apartment distance from the nearest toilet.  And all I did was have pizza and beer yesterday!  Did not get a full night's sleep for the same reason.  Fuck.  (At least, I think it was the pizza and beer.  I hope it was the pizza and beer.  Pizza or beer.  Because I hate being sick.)

I love that Coranado shot.  I know that view well from our regular SD boating trips.

If you do need surgery which I hope isn't the case, perhaps you can delay the ACL surgery and graft for when you do your surgery rotation; maybe get a twofer?

Waiting for 3:00 to come around, so that I can see my doctor.  I did something to my lower back, yesterday (not idea what), and I can barely walk now, due to pain and stiffness (especially the stiffness).  I think my body is falling apart.

good luck with the knee, CJ!

Sorry Jacob. You need to do something to your karma, choosing a new guardian angel, or anything. The sooner the better.