And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just before they pulled the patch off of my eye, they told me that more times than not, your vision won't be fully matured for about a week. Then they took off the patch and immediately tested my vision. Right out of the gate I could easily read the 20/20 line of the chart. I could read all but two of the letters on the 20/15 line. The Dr. told me that at my appointment next Thursday, she wouldn't be at all surprised if my vision was 20/15. She said that happens in about the top 10% of patients. I couldn't be happier. It's so nice to be able to see in stereo vision once again.  It's been about 2 years since I've had any real vision out of my right eye. And my depth perception is fully back!

I may need readers in a dark restaurant, but I'm typing and reading this now with no glasses on.😎

Edited by swt61
  • Like 18

28 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Just before they pulled the patch off of my eye, they told me that more times than not, your vision won't be fully matured for about a week. Then they took off the patch and immediately tested my vision. Right out of the gate I could easily read the 20/20 line of the chart. I could read all but two of the letters on the 20/15 line. The Dr. told me that at my appointment next Thursday, she wouldn't be at all surprised if my vision was 20/15. She said that happens in about the top 10% of patients. I couldn't be happier. It's so nice to be able to see in stereo vision once again.  It's been about 2 years since I've had any real vision out of my right eye. And my depth perception is fully back!

I may need readers in a dark restaurant, but I'm typing and reading this now with no glasses on.😎

That’s great news, though I’m a little disappointed we won’t have a full time pirate as part of the crew. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, naamanf said:

That’s great news, though I’m a little disappointed we won’t have a full time pirate as part of the crew. 

Well,  I'll always be a butt pirate!

Edited by swt61
  • Haha 4

For our first real outing in a very long time, we spent the afternoon in Northampton. Ate falafel on the street, listened to a church choir, who were dressed in their 1830's best, performing on the city hall steps, (which, @recstar24, was unpredictably lovely and a reminder of the importance of singing and performance) saw some jazz further down the street, and generally saw lots of people out and about. A nice reminder than not every place is Hartford.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, dsavitsk said:

For our first real outing in a very long time, we spent the afternoon in Northampton. Ate falafel on the street, listened to a church choir, who were dressed in their 1830's best, performing on the city hall steps, (which, @recstar24, was unpredictably lovely and a reminder of the importance of singing and performance) saw some jazz further down the street, and generally saw lots of people out and about. A nice reminder than not every place is Hartford.

Great to hear! Here’s hoping that’s a tradition that continues (outdoor choral ensemble singing). 

• Like 2

Man, I haven't been in NoHo in what feels like 2 year (pre-covid) and I live like 25 minutes from it.  I kind of miss the place, in spite of the fact that I spent what feels like half my life there doing lights in nightclubs.  I wish I could go there right now, TBH.  There's a marijuana distro there called Canna Care and I could really go for some low dose edibles.  I got my second dose of Moderna yesterday and it is really kicking the shit out of me.  Last night was an endless series of fever dreams (including one where I was trapped in my own Steam profile while I was in a Discord call where no one could hear me) and today is all about soreness and fatigue.  

It is my plan to do my radio show tonight, but it will be what they call a "game time decision" in baseball.  

• Like 4

Glad to hear it, Doug, and hope you bounce back soon, KD. Second shot hit me hard also but the side-effects were gone after a day or two.

Our mask mandate in California lifted on Tuesday and most people here in Marin County don’t seem ready to take them off. I went out for coffee and bagels this morning and I think I was the only person without a mask. I am sorry, folks, get used to it! We are maybe the single most vaccinated region of the entire country. Don’t look at me like I’m some kind of “republican.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I filled my tank at the gas station this morning without a mask. I was at least 6' from anyone, but still got some second glances.

If you haven't bothered to get yourself vaccinated yet in the bay area, then that's your own stupidity. I still wear a mask indoors.

7 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Oddly enough down here in SoCal the banks really don't like me walking in wearing a mask and sunglasses. I guess the culture is different here.

It might be the tommy gun under one arm and the sacks with dollar signs printed on them in the other?

• Haha 2

On 6/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, Knuckledragger said:

OOF.  Started today by putting my foot through the arc of my prized Senn HD-590s and breaking it.  I've had these things for over 15 years at this point and they're one of my favorite cans.  While their presentation is deeply flawed, their nutball 3D imaging is one of my favorites for ambient.  I've used them to prepare for my radio show for over a decade now.  Of course it's my stupid fault for leaving them at the foot of my bed and not putting them on the shelf, but dead is dead.  

I do have a physically identical pair of HD-570s (which sound awful) and I did investigate taking both pairs apart to find donor parts but looking at the wiring that seems like a nearly impossible job.

Sennheiser used to be great with spare parts. My original DT990's were just starting to wear out. Senn supplied new stirrups (a pin had broken) ear pads and leather inner strap. About three or four years ago.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:48 AM, dsavitsk said:

I had to click the link. I saw Northampton and thought it was the original one (this is a nice bit; there are bits that aren't so nice!). But it sounds like an amazing day at the US one.

Northampton | Centre for Cities

3 hours ago, Fitz said:

Had a root canal done on a back tooth. Today was not as great a day as yesterday.

I've only had one root canal done. I'm not nervous about dental work, and wasn't for this either. But three two hour sessions in the chair was pretty full on. The first session was emergency work to stabilize it and shove some sort of disinfectant in there.

It will improve Fitz, and the feeling of having your jaw feel as it has been kicked by a horse will quickly go.

I honestly have lost track of the number of crowns I've now got.

• Thanks 1

Picked up mom and her husband (Bones) at the airport. First time in Seattle for them!

They got in at 1am there time so I let them sleep then went back to work. Bought some last minute tickets to Mariners vs Rockies.

Me, mom, Bones, and the kids. We had so much fun, and I'm poor now. Seats behind home plate + sooooooooo many souvenirs. The. Cookout with my new grill. Not a bad day, even if it did take my life savings.

IMG_20210623_131909.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

I've only had one root canal done. I'm not nervous about dental work, and wasn't for this either. But three two hour sessions in the chair was pretty full on. The first session was emergency work to stabilize it and shove some sort of disinfectant in there.

It will improve Fitz, and the feeling of having your jaw feel as it has been kicked by a horse will quickly go.

I honestly have lost track of the number of crowns I've now got.

Today already feeling much better, just a tiny bit of vague soreness and tightness in my jaw on that side. The endodontist wrote me an rx for norco but I just took some ibuprofen last night instead.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, MexicanDragon said:

Picked up mom and her husband (Bones) at the airport. First time in Seattle for them!

They got in at 1am there time so I let them sleep then went back to work. Bought some last minute tickets to Mariners vs Rockies.

Me, mom, Bones, and the kids. We had so much fun, and I'm poor now. Seats behind home plate + sooooooooo many souvenirs. The. Cookout with my new grill. Not a bad day, even if it did take my life savings.

IMG_20210623_131909.jpg

Why didn't he just beam them there?

4 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Today already feeling much better, just a tiny bit of vague soreness and tightness in my jaw on that side. The endodontist wrote me an rx for norco but I just took some ibuprofen last night instead.

I've only had one root canal. I was a kid. I remember being a bit disappointed that it was just tiny hand files, instead of some crazy machine. It was really no big deal for me. No pain and kind of anticlimactic. The procedure name really sounds much worse than it was. At least in my case, but I've never minded dental work.

Feel better!