kgst

kevin gilmore

My replacement SR-007A finally showed up from Japan (landed in Chicago at about midnight and showed up at my door in TX midday...pretty impressive considering the EMS is USPS domestic).

I get to use the KGST with a Stax again....woot!  Love this damn amp...really I do.  If it turned into a pizza and beer at 2am, I might marry it.

;D

HS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,New here ish,read the forums but Don't chat as I can't build anything to save my life apart from Lego as a kid and weren't much good at that,us men slate women drivers and here is Kerry who can build amps that most of us fellas would only dream of owning,hat off to Ya,are you single ?

And can I just say hi to Kevin Gilmore,the depths of your intelligence is beyond me and if I had half your intelligence i wouldn't have to work in a factory all my life,your a genius and thanks to you I'll be buying one of your designed amps built by spritzer ,I don't think you realise how much you change peoples lives for the better through music

There are two zeners on the PSU board, connected to the FQPF8N80C MOSFETs. The silkscreen shows them as 24V, but a couple of BOMs floating around (this thread) suggest using TZX12D-TR, a 12V diode. I plan to follow the silkscreen, but just thought I'd double-check.