Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

YAY! Congrats Greg.

So, what does "inlaid" mean in this context? Are they able to apply a digital image now instead of just hand painting?

Actual mother of pearl pieces embedded , glued or molded in, not sure which because the folks at JH were kind of vague as well, onto the outer area. It will look either really cool or really dorky, but they will sound awesome.

*drool*

You do realize those are not composed of mylar membranes, right?

...and here I was looking for the power input for the bias supply. :P ESL's would take up too much space and these are inefficient enough for me to buy some serious grunt to drive them which could later be used for some 'stats. :)

Actual mother of pearl pieces embedded , glued or molded in, not sure which because the folks at JH were kind of vague as well, onto the outer area. It will look either really cool or really dorky, but they will sound awesome.

I'm going with really cool, Greg. They overlay their designs with a layer of acrylic so I am guessing the mother of pearl will be set in and then over-laid. Very cool idea, and looking forward to it. I still want to get my design re-done but have not checked in with them recently.

Finally gave in and ordered Pico DAC/AMP to go with the JH13 for travel and in the office. I tried to be different but it is no use.

that's not a DIY project :) oooh, thooose people.

Cannot wait for impressions. I think I may have to see if I'm highest on the totel pole to be able to request a pair of the universal 5's for demo.

that's not a DIY project :) oooh, thooose people.

Cannot wait for impressions. I think I may have to see if I'm highest on the totel pole to be able to request a pair of the universal 5's for demo.

True, but nothing I make myself will ever be allowed on a the plane. :P I am still considering a DIY project for the bedroom setup or office but since my projects don't seem to ever get finished, I need something in the meantime. On the other hand, I am listening to to the JH13's on the Corda 2Move right now and they sound damn good so maybe I should cancel the Pico.

Only the hoi polloi, Duggeh. The quality can afford front loaders and get to pat themselves on the back for using less water and being vaguely Euro.

Ah, more sophisticated, less water and slightly European. Like having an espresso rather than a grande mocha :)