Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Concept2 Model D indoor rowing machine :)

Model_D_400.jpg

The ultimate torture machine!

I highly recommend RowPro if you are planning to get into it seriously. You can train and race with other people all over the world online. It's highly motivating and there is a very tight and supportive online community. Enjoy. Although that's not really the right word. Maybe endure. :)

The ultimate torture machine!

I highly recommend RowPro if you are planning to get into it seriously. You can train and race with other people all over the world online. It's highly motivating and there is a very tight and supportive online community. Enjoy. Although that's not really the right word. Maybe endure. :)

x2 on the RowPro. I had one for a while until I started really riding and found my "sport" which I now do attached to a computer most of the time too (damn winter).

damn I'm coming here again.... :palm:

x2 on the RowPro. I had one for a while until I started really riding and found my "sport" which I now do attached to a computer most of the time too (damn winter).

damn I'm coming here again.... :palm:

Since you hadn't been around this summer, we never got an update on how your riding/racing went? How many miles did you do this year?

Since you hadn't been around this summer, we never got an update on how your riding/racing went? How many miles did you do this year?

Thanks for asking! :)

Racing went ok, I didn't die but I did not do as well as I would have liked. Basically I had sprints and I had endurance but in the hard 30sec-2min effort range I just could not recover fast enough and even CAT5 (novice) racing around here is very competitive. Eg I did one relatively flat/rolling hour race where the peloton was at 25+mph for the entire 35 miles which is bloody fast. I'm going to give it a few more seasons.

I'm going to be self coached from now on and will be managing my own training plans after quitting my coach 2 days ago (more money for stereo...?). He failed to point out that the 30s-2min range needed special workouts or assign me any of them since I gave up on last season sometime in mid July.

As far as miles go I am not sure but I am like 7000+km since I started logging stuff into Training peaks in mid-October 2009. I haven't gotten my usual 300+km weeks in because of travel and visiting family.

Edited by Dreadhead

I have boot camp/Windows 7 set up so that is an option although I don't really like to run Windows. Basically, I was hoping to run EyeTV and RowPro at the same time so I could to watch the news at the same time I am rowing. EyeTV only runs on Mac. I guess Parallels would work for that. My husband does have have an "old" Windows laptop that I could dedicate to RowPro.

three bombers of Stone Vertical Epic 040404 at $7.99/each...

three bombers of Stone Vertical Epic 030303 at $8.99/each...

left one of each for some other lucky bastard...

What did you think of the epic? There is or at least was a good stash here when I picked up one a month ago.

sent via Droid X