Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (Nikon mount) :) and B+W 77mm XS-Pro 010m UV filter

Tokina's still in stock at B&H too. They just got their stock in a couple of days ago, I thought it'd have sold out again by now.

WANT!

Does this lens require filter with slimer rim to avoid vignetting?

I had one of those URCs. It sucked. The Harmony isn't hard, it just takes a long time to get it right. I WANT SHIT TO WORK RIGHT NOW.

I agree it's easy to set up. But also agree that I find myself having to come back multiple times to get it exactly right. And I'm not aware of anything easier.

Saris Bones bike rack for der car314QGNPBD6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice rack! We've had one for years and still like ours.

I had one of those URCs. It sucked. The Harmony isn't hard, it just takes a long time to get it right. I WANT SHIT TO WORK RIGHT NOW.

It doesn't take a long time if you give it the right configuration to start with. :lol:

It doesn't take a long time if you give it the right configuration to start with. :lol:

Agreed. My neighbor owns a home theater store and I program Harmony and Monster remotes for him all the time. The biggest problem for the customers is when the remote gets out of sync with the power status and source settings on the gear being controlled. Many people don't keep the remote pointed at the gear until all of the macro commands are complete, so some gear could stay with the old settings and not respond to commands properly. If the remote thinks you are watching a DVD when you are trying to change the cable channel, then it acts like it's not working.

Often one can use the help button to get things sorted out again. However, occasionally the database has how the TV input is switched from one source to another programmed wrong, so you have to manually change some settings about whether it uses a distinct button for each input, or cycles through all the inputs in sequential order, etc.

We have a Harmoney 680, two 880, and a Monster MCC AVL 300. They're very useful.

I agree it's easy to set up. But also agree that I find myself having to come back multiple times to get it exactly right. And I'm not aware of anything easier.

Nice rack! We've had one for years and still like ours.

John (or anyone else who uses one of these):

Do you use anything under the pads to protect the paint on the car?

Edited by Pars

Just picked up my first Mac. Got the newest Macbook Pro 15.4. This thing is different after so many years as a PC.

Fanfriggintastic news! You'll love it.

Takes a little getting used to, but that all depends on what your typical applications involve. I have a reference book called "Switching to Mac" (or some such thing) which is quite helpful, but who really reads books these days? Apple provides all of the support you could ever imagine. Check out Switch 101 as a starting place, and if you haven't done so already, consider enrolling in the "One on One" they now offer (and probably tried to sell to you when you bought your MBP) if you're like me and need someone to physically sit with you and beat it into your head.

WANT!

Does this lens require filter with slimer rim to avoid vignetting?

Well a review of the Tokina 11-16 that I read mentioned that slim filters are recommended (either that or no filters), so that's what I got. Lens is still in stock at B&H, you know you want to buy one. ;)

Well a review of the Tokina 11-16 that I read mentioned that slim filters are recommended (either that or no filters), so that's what I got. Lens is still in stock at B&H, you know you want to buy one. ;)

I'd probably wait for a used one to show up......here :rolleyes:

hello--z.jpg

Two quid in the UK == $6.95 + tax in the US ( from Barnes & Noble , only place left , Borders = Gone, Tower Records = Gone) . The things I do for Joanne :)

EDIT: for those of you unfamiliar with Hello! magazine

EDIT: Their Founder (Eduardo Sánchez Junco) was an interesting chap

As were the stories about the Marquesa de Varela travelling the world with designer suitcases full of cash, in order to secure the stories/photo shoots.

Edited by Grahame