What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accidentally got one of my Klipsch X10 ear gels stuck in my ear just now! I never thought it could actually happen, all I did was pull the left driver out as usual, but all that came out was the driver, the ear gel (the bi-flange tip) was still in my ear! A co-worker came to the rescue thankfully. Can't believe it...

I think I might be using my Audio-Technica ES7 at work from now on... :P And if this ever happens again, not so sure I'll keep using IEMs...

Updated our Google Analytics code to the new version. And got a 10% raise.

Woot.

Happy holidays to you! Congrats!

Congrats indeed! To quote the Who quoting a radio tag line: "Moar music, moar music, moar music! Wonderful Radio London, whoopee!"

As for me, I worked until 11:30 or so, drove an hour to retrieve my daughter from a sleepover, came home and immediately fell deep into a way too short nap, then had my wife's family over for dinner. Roast beast, popovers, wine, scotch, proseco, etc., and apple pie a la mode. Did some dishes and cleaned up, now having the rest of the proseco and checkin the internets.

Happy happy, joy joy, you'all. ;D

Yesterday was a strange Christmas Eve. Woke up at 2AM with no power due to it raining horizontally and spent the next two hours figuring out where the system was compromised. Once fixed I went to work and tried to explain to people that I couldn't whisk up a 5 pound Danish Rye bread in 30 minutes or other such stupid nonsense. :palm:

Had an uneventful Christmas dinner with my parents until their power went out as well. Turns out that a water hose in the garage had burst and showered the whole room with water for at least an hour. To make matters even worse the car parked inside had an open window, directly in the waters path, so the car was soaked with 10cm of water on the floor. Should fine after a couple of days though and nothing but crap was damaged but it was a pain to clean up.

It's hard to be a Jew on Christmas. My friends won't let me join in any games. And I can't sing Christmas songs or decorate a Christmas tree Or leave water out for Rudolph, cause there's something wrong with me. My people don't believe in Jesus Christ divinity.. I'm a Jew, a lonely Jew, on Christmas. Hannukah is nice, but why is it That Santa passes over my house every year. And instead of eating ham I have to eat kosher latki Instead of Silent Night I'm singing "Hu, haghtol gavish" And what the f*ck is up with lighting all these f*cking candles tell me please.. I'm a Jew, a lonely Jew, I'd me merry, but I'm Hebrew On Christmas.

Wrapped stuff, put stuff together, hooked stuff up, went out and bought D-cell batteries (12:30 AM), finished hooking stuff up, had a martini, put more stuff together (somehow it seemed to take longer :confused: ), went to bed, woke up 4 hours later, unwrapped presents, put more stuff together, ate breakfast, hooked up some more stuff, took a break.

It's hard to be a Jew on Christmas. My friends won't let me join in any games. And I can't sing Christmas songs or decorate a Christmas tree Or leave water out for Rudolph, cause there's something wrong with me. My people don't believe in Jesus Christ divinity.. I'm a Jew, a lonely Jew, on Christmas. Hannukah is nice, but why is it That Santa passes over my house every year. And instead of eating ham I have to eat kosher latki Instead of Silent Night I'm singing "Hu, haghtol gavish" And what the f*ck is up with lighting all these f*cking candles tell me please.. I'm a Jew, a lonely Jew, I'd me merry, but I'm Hebrew On Christmas.

vyawdw.jpg

Woke up to supervise the unwrapping of Santa's gifts. Why is it that it takes two adults four hours to wrap gifts but three children only sixty seven seconds to unwrap them? While throwing away the wrapping paper I discovered my wifes SUV has a nearly flat tire. So I give her tire 250 pumps from my road bike pump to get it up and running. Spent the next hour finding a gas station to pump the tire to full specs, drop off a couple of presents then return home.

I know what I will be posting in tomorrows "what did you do today thread" and what I will post in the "what is the last thing you bought" thread.

Scrapped the first draft of my EAR Acute CDP review. Wrote about half a page on the 2nd draft and scrapped it as well. The 3rd draft made it to the 3rd paragraph, but I think it's a deadend too. This is proving to be the most frustrating review I've ever written.