What did you do today?

riceboy

Spent the past 4 hours or so reviewing/editing never-ending piles of documents with eyes that are too tired/strained to focus clearly on my LCD monitor, doubling the effort & concentration required to review them. :palm: I'm sure typing this post doesn't help the matter any either.

Thats a sucky afternoon. This is why I print anything of length I have to read. A 30 page PDF on a screen would take me three times as long to read as on paper.

It's not environmentally sound, but it does also mean I can cover whatever I want in various colours of marker pen. Just be glad you don't have a CRT screen. I always found CRTs worse for eyestain.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found out my credit card has been compromised, again, due to "a merchant data breach" and needs to be canceled. Third time in less than a year. Now sifting through all the various services and automatic payments linked to the card and switching them over to the new one, again. :mad:

Found out my credit card has been compromised, again, due to "a merchant data breach" and needs to be canceled. Third time in less than a year. Now sifting through all the various services and automatic payments linked to the card and switching them over to the new one, again. :mad:

Was it actually compromised or was it one of those things where data may have been accessed and they're forced to notify you? They should also be providing free credit monitoring for a year or so.

I'm still on my initial backup, but I think I've finally got my music folder backed up online. :cool:

With my upload speed it would probably take 2 years to do one backup.

In any case... either I did the backup in the nick of time, or all the load from doing the backup pushed it over the edge, but the DC-DC PSU in my music server just went tits up. The thing's full of cheap CapXon pieces of shit, nearly all of which have vented. Tomorrow I'll recap it (if I have suitable replacements), and hopefully the worst will be a quick journal replay on bootup. ARGH. :mikey1:

Enjoyed Queens Tea (menu) at Lovejoy's Tea Room San Francisco over a period of two hours this afternoon. Still Stuffed.

Very civilized. Bit of an estrogen overload with Joanne and six other ladies at the table, but, hey, when you're a playa, what can I say :)

I don't know much about being a playa, but I didn't think that was the hormone you were supposed to OD on in that situation. :cool:

Seriously, looks like a lovely occasion. I actually haven't been to tea like that in England yet (did in Dublin, it was fantastic). Now the important question: what tea did you have?

Like clockwork the rain started as I loaded the brisket into the smoker. I put a dry rub on the brisket from an Emeril recipe that is very similar to Bobby Flay's rub. I also made a d-_-b oaked coffee stout mop with red onion, garlic cloves, salt and pepper to spray on the brisket every 30 minutes or so for the next 5 or 6 hours.

Got up at 3:30 and headed for the airport. I'm now on the ground in Nashville about to pick up my rental car an go surprise my sister and her husband at the reception they are holding today for folks that couldn't make the wedding.

Had I known I woulda driven the two hours to say "Hi". ;) Does sound like something that would be awesome.

You build them an amp for a gift?

**BRENT**