What did you do today?

riceboy

Somewhere around 1:30 a.m., in the middle of my shower, the power went out -- I finished it anyway.

Went to bed.

Woke up, shivering, by a shivering cat.

At sunrise.

Decided not to get out of bed.

Changed mind, got up, got very dressed, fed cats, started shoveling. Ate. Snuggled with kitties some more, shoveled some more, slept/ate, repeat ad nauseum, stopped at sunset, not done, power still out. Ate cold leftovers (we have a gas stove, so I was just being lazy; also, I'm not as good at rewarming things stovetop).

Power came back on. Was snuggling with a kitty at the time. Waited for it to go back out again, it did not. Yay!

Took shower.

Got on computer, etc.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out for a walk in the beautiful weather we are having, upon my return found my iPod locked so I had to restore it. Currently loading it with about 5,700 Apple Lossless files, I figure another 3-4 hours to go before they are all loaded.

I went to the Apple Store in the Town Center Mall to have them help me with why I could get everything I didn't want to migrate to my new computer, but nothing I did want (itunes, contacts). Was 45 min into the transfer and my old computer's battery died, and had to start all over. What a freaking nightmare store. I got there right when it opened at noon, and you'd think it was the last day of holiday shopping. I was there for almost three hours watching people. Got what I wanted, but now want a nap.

I do have to say that the tech guy was extremely patient and nice. Also likes audio gear. I told him about here, so maybe he'll show up.

Edited by boomana

Woke up, took our dog for a 1 hour walk in the snow down to the water, cleared snow off one of the cars and a path so I can get to work tomorrow, got on trainer for 1h50min ride at a "medium" pace (a bit of recovery from the 2h45min torture session I did to myself yesterday). I'm pretty stoked my medium pace is now around 18mph (with significant amounts of climbing) when I started riding 6 months ago it was like 13mph on flat courses. Then went in the hot tub with Meaghan in the snow. Lunch at Bertucci's, Cupcakes from the local "cupcakery" which are insanely good. Now I'm home writing this message and about to do some work. May or may not watch the game later.

Just spilled a heaping bowl of cereal + milk all over everything. With one single action, I have necessitated the purchase of a new chair (something I've been putting off for years,) a new chair mat, and possibly a new rug. A simple :palm: will not cover this, it's going to have to be a group effort.

mega_facepalm.gif

Miraculously, I managed to miss both my Macintop, Blackberry, and every single other piece of electronics on this desk.

EDIT: The silver lining to this cereal cloud is that I have now located my spare camera battery charger, which had been missing for a number of weeks now.

Sitting in my mom's hospital room as I type. The surgeon told us that the operation went perfectly, and she actually finished about a half hour ahead of schedule. My hell weekend is just about over.

Seriously, thank you guys for the well wishes. It has been a solid year that we've been expecting this surgery and I'm really fucking happy it's done. Of course my mom has a battle ahead of her but she's got the ace in the hole already so I'm not worried about it.

Just finished completely re-arranging my living room, which required routing the coax for cable TV through opposite side of the floor. This turned out to be more difficult than anticipated as the hole where the coax was coming through wasn't large enough for the coax plug to pass through (i.e., cable guy put a naked cable through the hole, then crimped on the plug). After several frustrating attempts to enlarge the hole, I just cut the existing coax and used a new coax instead.

Worked, went to the doctor to have them confirm that my never-ending, always spreading poison oak is really poison oak, started another course of Prednizone, found out that my trip East was cancelled so that I will not get to have dinner/drinks with Nate & Ian in NH and Dinny in NYC, very nearly ran over a motorcyclist who wiped out on the slick road coming in the opposite direction on Market Street, bought some beer, had dinner with the family only to have homemade salad dressing jar slip and spill into my lap. Now listening to tunes on the Luxman/HD800 and on my second beer. Edge not yet dulled, so whiskey will be next.

In preparation of New England finally getting some of this snow I've heard so much about, I stacked the rest of the green firewood (a task I'd been putting off for, ahem, ages). I also brought over two cartloads of dry wood, and made a bunch of business calls I'd been similarly putting off. I have an eye doctor appointment at 9:30 tomorrow morning. That should prove interesting, given the weather. blink.gif

Leveled and adjusted the placement of my speakers after completely rearranging the living room yesterday. I had replaced the speaker spikes with Herbie's Threaded Stud Gliders and they made the whole process a breeze. I no longer have to worry about destroying my hardwood floor and I can do by myself what used to be a 2-3 person job. Speakers are also wee bit more stable than they were with spikes.

Drove to body shop. After some great information provided by several members in my "car suggestions" thread, I bought a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. First new car. Made it seven accident-free days before someone hit me. Went into repairs. Today drove rental down to pick it up. Bumper was replaced, but they eliminated anywhere to attach license plate. Waited a few minutes for them to fix, then decided to return rental around corner during. Walked out to street to see I received a ticket because of street cleaning. Returned rental and walked back to shop. Got keys and drove two blocks to jump on highway and immediately noticed they hadn't made any adjustments to the alignment.

Tomorrows 'what did you do today' future post: Drove to body shop.

Edited by blessingx