What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 miles running on the Ridgeway long distance path. Started at 00:40 in Wendover and finished at 09:00 in South Stoke. Ran through the dark with a head torch, with part of the route within the security perimeter of Chequers, the Prime Minister's official residence (it is a right of way, so the security forces can look at you but not shoot). Spiritual sunrise at 04:15. All totally solo - saw absolutely no-one at all until 08:00.

Feeling quite knackered.

Slept in for real this time. Didn't get up until almost 10AM, which is practically afternoon for me. I lounged about, listening to music and reading, then went into work for an hour or so to see a private practice patient (gotta pay for my new toys somehow), then to Barnes and Noble to pick up a couple CDs with a two-year old gift card I found, then back home for more music and lounging. I just went and picked up my cat from the vet, and he is ignoring me 100% since picking him up. He wouldn't look at me at all at the vet, and now turns his head away from me when I call his name. He smells really nice, though, after his kitty bath. I had plans to get a lot of things done today, but I think I have more lounging on the schedule for the rest of the evening.

Sounds like a nice day Vicki.

(After a long day at work doing admin stuff) I decided it was time to get back to the gym. Still cannot find my gym PK3's so I decided to use my newly won at CanJam Bass Monster Turbine Pros (I know y'all are jealous that you didn't win them). I thought to myself, how bad can they be, for gym headphones. Well, I think they will be going straight back in the box. Actually, they aren't really that bad if you like to pretend that you are at a dance club all day long.

Made reservations for what I believe is going to be a very very important date tomorrow night with the girlfriend.

Also going to get a suit after work for my cousin's wedding Saturday and then going out to eat at my favorite Mexican place with my parents, sister, and grandfather.

Life is seriously good right now.

Made reservations for what I believe is going to be a very very important date tomorrow night with the girlfriend.

Also going to get a suit after work for my cousin's wedding Saturday and then going out to eat at my favorite Mexican place with my parents, sister, and grandfather.

Life is seriously good right now.

Popping the question?

Glad life's good :) My work life blows monkey balls but my home/non-work life is awesome.

Started updating my resume and profiles at various social networking sites. Looks like my job is going to be significantly less satisfying going forward after the transition to the new contractor, so it's time to explore other possibilities.

Started updating my resume and profiles at various social networking sites. Looks like my job is going to be significantly less satisfying going forward after the transition to the new contractor, so it's time to explore other possibilities.

:( Best of luck Dan.

Well, I figured out what was going on, and made a lot of moves at once...the right people saw it, and made sure things were clarified. It's a huge relief, I really didn't want to have to find a new job right now...