What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, sorry to hear about your dog.

Shelly, enjoy your vacation.

We were at the beach by 4:30 am, then did our first 14 miler of the season. It was hot and very humid. On top of that, I have something floating around in my knee which causes it to click a lot when running. I had to use my brace which helped but it was sore afterwards. At least the massage therapist was waiting when we were done.

Sucks about the dog Steve, if you have any questions or need a second opinion I am sure my wife wouldn't mind answering them. Than again she is 9 months pregnant :rolleyes:

Found out I am stuck here another three days. I can almost taste the hops.....

Sucks about the extra three days, Naaman. You'll have to tell us what you pick as your first drink.... :)

Technically also my first day of vacation but we don't fly out until tomorrow. Have a big family party today and other last minute things to do.

In other news, I got the Ayre K-XR back yesterday, set it up and all is well. Everything works, the inputs are set up properly, and it makes beautiful, beautiful music. :dance:

Sucks about the extra three days, Naaman. You'll have to tell us what you pick as your first drink.... :)

Technically also my first day of vacation but we don't fly out until tomorrow. Have a big family party today and other last minute things to do.

In other news, I got the Ayre K-XR back yesterday, set it up and all is well. Everything works, the inputs are set up properly, and it makes beautiful, beautiful music. :dance:

Will do. I am sure the first one will be something with a lot of caffeine. After that I will just have to see what's in the house.

Good to here the Ayre is back and working. Pictures or I will suggest someone that has the power ban you :)

Woot Al, team milled chassis FTW!!! :D

I spent most of the day working on some stuff plus trying to convert FLAC's to ALAC's to cram on the iphone. Worked like a charm just in time for the drive to the summerhouse for a dinner with the family which I dread every year... :palm: Way too much drink with some people who shouldn't touch the stuff.

Ugh, my site visit which was scheduled to take about 4hrs took 6-1/2. I left at 8:30, arrived on site at 10, got so frustrated with the lack of progress that I started helping the crew and finally got out of there at 1:30. Home at 3pm, in time to help Lily get in her pool and relax for a little while.

Thanks guys!

Sorry about the extended site visit Nate. Was it lowly contractors like myself holding up progress?

Al, team milled chassis is the shit! That rig is flippin' orgasmic!

Naaman thanks for the open door on information. I'll see what the local vet can tell me Monday and go from there. Sorry about your delay home!

If that is indeed a Ricin pellet in your avatar, it may be time to use it on someone standing in the way of progress. :)

Gave last rites to my Roku SoundBridge. dead.gif A relatively small loss, but still kind of annoying. I'll have a Mac desktop by the end of next month and I have a new DAC en route. I had vague plans for having my entire (lossy/ALAC) library online and being able to access it around the house.

Anyone who still uses a SoundBridge who'd like an extra pair of endcaps, remote, stand, CF WiFi card and/or PSU, speak up.

Went to see Die Walkure yesterday. Superb, fabulous performance, that had reviewed well in all the national newspapers. Idyllic location on a country estate in Longborough Home.

Plans are afoot to do Siegfried next year, Gotterdamerung in 2012, and then a complete Ring cycle in 2013.

Inexpensive it ain't - to secure a ticket you have to become a "friend" by paying an annual subscription. That allows you to book tickets three months in advance of anyone else. Martin and Lizzie Graham, who own the estate and are Wagner nuts are quite open about this - they have to get money by whatever means to scrape a budget together, and ticket sales themselves supply less than a third of what they need to put a production together.

I can't even imagine what it's like to watch the entire Ring cycle live (in one "go"), but I definitely hope to someday. What's the time span for something like that? One a night, so four nights in a row? Epic.

Yes - one a day. But they don't fit in a mere evening - yesterday's die Walkure started at 3:30 in the afternoon and finished at 9pm. Intervals of 20 minutes and 80 minutes (so you could get someting to eat; picknick in the marquee). Siegfried is longer ;D

Me too. There is a potential plus side to it. My unit has been trying to get me to a school after my leave. It's been on again off again for the last three months. As of now it's on again and the head bean counters of Iraq won't let me have any extra days at home if I go to the school. I am scheduled to go but there isn't a slot for me at the school because they drug their feet for so long, but there is some sort of drug deal going on where they can give me a chair in the back. Or maybe it's a dunce cap in the corner. If it works out I get to spend six weeks in Alabama, drive home, spend a couple days there and then come back here. Hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Now some one in our Brigade decided I don't need to be home for the birth of my daughter and pushed me back a couple days. I have to put in a Red Cross message now to try and make it. Mother Fuckers.

That is a real bummer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone sees sense about this.