What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the gym again this morning. I've now done about ten spinning classes and am starting to like them. My butt still feels wounded when I'm done, and I definitely wasted money on a $20 gel seat that doesn't really help, but there will hopefully be less of it to hurt if I keep this up.

Perhaps you should try some of this (not sure how it would work for Dinny though, as there would be an inherent conflict): Anti Monkey Butt Powder - Duluth Trading Company

Believe it or not, on a completely unrelated note, I actually ordered some of this Anti Monkey Butt powder earlier tonight! I noticed it when I was in the process of ordering 4 of these (2 of each size) for Santa's Workshop helpers: Holiday hat – Santa's Ball Cap - Duluth Trading Company

I tend to have teenagers volunteer to play the roles of Miss Claus, Buddy the elf, and Jovie the elf. More often than not, they will have a few extra friends (would-be volunteers) who end up hanging around with Santa's entourage for most of the night. I'm now looking for some "Santa's Workshop" red t-shirts to go along with the caps.

I thought I'd try the powder as well, mostly for long rides in the Atom, because:

"Specially formulated to reduce excess sweat and reduce frictional skin irritation" and

"Reduces chafing during... prolonged sitting or riding your Harley" <-- er, other bike!

Went to the gym again this morning. I've now done about ten spinning classes and am starting to like them. My butt still feels wounded when I'm done, and I definitely wasted money on a $20 gel seat that doesn't really help, but there will hopefully be less of it to hurt if I keep this up.

In general, the softer the seat, the worse the problem, particularly chafing. I ride a Brooks Pro saddle (for 37 years), which is simply a piece of tensioned leather, and have ridden it for 6+ hours in the past (far distant past) with just gym/running shorts and no sores. Not sure I would try that now, but I can ride it over an hour without using bike shorts and no real problems. As mentioned, biking underwear might be an option if you don't want to join the lycra crowd. It also depends on how upright you are sitting. Distributing your weight between your butt and your arms/hands will alleviate some of the butt pain (and possibly introduce wrist pain). Are these normal spin bikes (Schwinn whatever, or the like)?

Went to the dentist and got a night guard fitted, so I don't grind the shit out of my teeth. When I got home, the package of 100 velcro cable ties I ordered from Amazon had arrived. I proceeded to spend the next 3 1/2 hours (ya rly) coiling, sorting and stowing cables. Right now I have four large tubs: pro audio (XLR, 1/4" and a few RCAs); video (composite, S-video, component, HDMI, DVI); computer (CAT5, CAT6, FW400, FW800, USB, some SCSI cables I really should scrap); home audio (RCA and XLR in excess, plus a optical digital) and power (endless IECs of various types.) Now I need to get these tubs out of my effing kitchen and drop my car off at the mechanic.

Tomorrow will be broke.gif

Scheduled an interview in three weeks for a full-time sales opening at a business in Naperville. Not terribly interested in the position but I will accept any interview offer for more experience.

That is a sound idea - interview practice makes it easier when you go for something you really want to do.

Scheduled an interview in three weeks for a full-time sales opening at a business in Naperville. Not terribly interested in the position but I will accept any interview offer for more experience.

That is a sound idea - interview practice makes it easier when you go for something you really want to do.

x2 on that. After just finishing doing 11 telephone interviews it is surprising how many people have no clue how to interview.

My graduate student just finished depositing his thesis. He did a really good job but I'm sure glad that time sink is finished.

After a routine reboot, my month-old work laptop is forcing me to do a Startup repair (which fails everytime). I cannot get this thing to boot to Windows 7 so I'm pretty much groounded until I can get it to IT.

For the record I really really fucking hate Microsoft! They make the biggest fucking turds out there. 4 Xbox 360s since 2005, 9 new/reimaged Windows-based laptops since 2007.

I'm likely to lose all day today and tomorrow to get this cuntbag laptop fixed. I'd fuck Bill Gate's wife right now out of spite!

x2 on that. After just finishing doing 11 telephone interviews it is surprising how many people have no clue how to interview.

My graduate student just finished depositing his thesis. He did a really good job but I'm sure glad that time sink is finished.

Congrats on off-loading your grad student! Drinks are in order!

filled out 50 pages of documents for cyberschool registration for the kids

Heh! When my son was applying for university eight or nine years ago, he needed to fill in my occupation. "Intellectual prostitute" I shot back. "what!!!", "Yeah - intellectual prostitute. I can do any job you want me to, in return for money". I let him off the hook - eventually.