What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woke up early in a panic about work I submitted way late last night. indeed, I had to redo some of it... decided to jump in the pool after successfully fixing most of the problems. astounding vietnamese lunch with colleagues, then haggled over fruit but ended up buying a garden plant. more work at home, blasting brian eno on the big planars. movie and dinner double date, including two pints of yummy english chocolate stout (yuengling) and the most decadent duck fat fries...

We're just outside of Charleston on the Isle Of Palms, Jim. Right now the kids are napping, the wives went shopping and the men are drinking beer and watching the PGA Championship. It's alright.

Colin, I'm no local but have had a couple of excellent meals at McCrady's.

Edited by Hopstretch

We're just outside of Charleston on the Isle Of Palms, Jim. Right now the kids are napping, the wives went shopping and the men are drinking beer and watching the PGA Championship. It's alright.

We were at Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms earlier in the summer. It was very nice and relaxing and not that hot in late June. Sounds like you are having a good time. Don't forget to drink a mint Julep, and drink it fast before too much of the ice melts into the Bourbon.

Colin, I'm no local but have had a couple of excellent meals at McCrady's.

I guess there were no informercials on tv or paint drying that you could watch.

Not sure how far from Charleston you are. If you aren't too far you may want to check out the Mellow Mushroom. Good pizza and I'm pretty sure the one in Charleston has a great beer selection.

I will be in Charleston for about a week in a week, any cool places/restaurants I cant miss?

There is a great Greek restaurant called The Olde Towne Grill and Seafood, 229 King St. It is right near Market Street where the old market is. We used to pig out there after beach volleyball tournaments on The Isle of Palms. Also you should check out the aquarium, not big but a really nice display.

This morning was a rather typical Sunday, hanging out with the family and also helping my daughter re-do her room. But my wife went for a run with the dog while the kids and I had lunch at the house. She called 45 minutes later saying she had been hit by a car. I nearly gagged, but she said she was alright and just shaken up.

I drove over to where she was sitting on the curb with the young woman and her obnoxious friend who kept wanting to leave. The police had been called by a neighbor/witness who saw the whole thing. Claire was crossing in a cross-walk on a busy street along Golden Gate Park when the person in the closer, right lane actually obeyed the giant PED XING sign but these jerks were still flying down the street in the left lane. Luckily, she saw them quickly enough to turn and try to get back but they were going fast and their side-view mirror hit her arm near her elbow. She did not fall down but she was freaked out.

Feeling very lucky but a little freaked out myself.

Wow a close one Al, thank goodness the wife is alright.

Spent the last couple of hours cleaning out the turtle tank. Next to administering a cayenne pepper enema to a Tasmanian Devil, I cannot think of a more unpleasant task for a Sunday afternoon.

Glad it's over and time for the sundown ritual. ;)

Ugh, so sorry to hear that Al. I'm very relieved to know that Claire is ok. Did she get checked out by a doctor?

That gag reflex is something, isn't it? I've had it happen twice in my life: once upon learning of the death of my uncle, and once when Jack took a spill that I was certain had really injured him (it didn't).