What did you do today?

riceboy

Went to ANOTHER child's birthday party. Jack later refused to eat his ravioli because it was "too shiny." My shins are hurting from jogging the last two days, and then Jack gave me a good swift kick in the balls (by accident, or so his mother would have us believe) before I put him to bed. It was almost lights out in more ways than one.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was more of the same. Hotter than balls so much time was spent in the kiddie pool with Lily and mom. It was the last day of summer for my wife so we celebrated with Lobster for dinner (it's pretty cheap right now @$4.99/lb). These parts of the day were excellent.

Decided to try and do some maintenance on our water filtration system, that did not go well. Ripped o-ring = massive leak = no filtered water until I can get a replacement.

Tested the balanced PIMETA project without a pot which was good/bad. Good that the pot was 90% of the problem, bad that the right channel has pretty awful hiss which is more than likely a result of some shoddy soldering (not done by me). I have zero motivation to work on this project as a result.

Went to ANOTHER child's birthday party. Jack later refused to eat his ravioli because it was "too shiny." My shins are hurting from jogging the last two days, and then Jack gave me a good swift kick in the balls (by accident, or so his mother would have us believe) before I put him to bed. It was almost lights out in more ways than one.

Somehow this makes my turtle house cleaning chore look minor. ;)

Turtles like kids, would be perfect if they just cleaned up after themselves. But other than here and in the whole scheme of things I have no complaints.

Glad to know she's doing well Al..

This is a story all too familiar to me . I've seen how folks drive around in front of my university. Two clearly marked zebra crossings where they need to slow down from the posted 25MPH and give pedestrians wanting to cross the right of way, but they just zip past on this really busy road. And this is right downtown too..its a miracle that no one has died there yet considering the high vlume of students and folks who walk around there.

Been writing a 15 page paper for a class. The final paper..hope to have it done and submitted by midnight. :cool:

Al, really sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she is alright.

Was woken up at 7am by our out of town guests. Decided to go the beach to see my little cousin. Spent 40 minutes looking for parking. Drove grandma to see my other cousin who is sick. Went back to the beach with friends. Spent 30 minutes looking for parking and ended up parking 20 minutes away from the beach. Lost registration and insurance card for dad's car. Got yelled at by dad. Had family dinner. All in all a normal Sunday :) .

definitely a close call, Al!

i have spent the last 14 hours moving, and moving, and moving. i haven't been able to eat, and i'm shaking and feel very sick. i still have a lot to do at both my old and new places, but the new place at least looks more or less like an apartment. i also bought an ektorp leather sofa. i wanted the verta, but it has a 14 day wait and i needed a sofa now. the ektorp is nice.

i think i'm going to puke.

Dude, you're probably low on sugar and dehydrated!

I was mowing the lawn earlier today, and the mower popped two fuses in the time it takes to cover an acre. Fortunately, some Monkey in chat just recommended the services of Nugget Audio, who reportedly likes to fix stuff for free...

Al, I'm happy to hear your wife is okay.

Some drivers just don't seem to understand that when it comes to people an auto is a lethal weapon. Like many of you I've had my close calls with cars while walking, jogging and road cycling. I've had crap thrown at me from car windows (including a hatchett) and I saw a semi truck/tralier on a country road intentionally swerve over to take the mirror off of the lead bike in front of me. Had my share of "friendly" discussions with motorists when I commuted by bike.

Fortunately, most drivers share the road and give pedestrians and bicyclists the room they need to share the road. Too bad your wife found one of ass holes, but lucky she recognized there was a problem and was able to avoid a catastrophe.

Thanks for all the supportive comments everybody. Claire is doing fine and doesn't seem to have had any real damage. She is going to start crossing that street at a light a couple blocks away from now on to avoid this bullshit.

Hope you're feeling better Reks!

Al: scary stuff. really glad to hear your wife came out unscathed! I am riding more and more these days and I know it's a matter of time before some dick hits me. In general people are really good about bikes/runners around here but once and a while there are dicks (esp buses and commercial vehicles).

Reks: I hope you feel better. I had a bit of an "episode" in the heat at Lowes Garden center yesterday so I know the feeling.

As far as what I did: Finally fully finished the landscaping yesterday and used the hot tub 3 times over the weekend. Time to fortify our savings again after the landscaping money pit.

Good night's sleep, slow morning, prepared cells for next week, ran several experiments that all worked perfectly, quiet iced coffee after work, casual food shopping, delicious chicken biryani for dinner, and if I play my cards right it will all have a happy ending...... you know, life aint too bad :)