Deals

Dusty Chalk

I forget, are the LP2's a significant improvement on the LP's? I'm not sure which pair I heard at the Apple store, but I remember liking them considering they were "major retail".

I hate to say that I can't remember what the Crossfade LP sounded like. I was more focused on the Crossfade M-100 which I bought, and the M-80 which I picked up dirt cheap at RMAF for my son. I like their headphones though as a fun sound to play with (more fun and portable than SRH-840). And the V-MODA Vibrato IEM are their best effort at IEM so far, although kinda like a Monster Turbine Pro but better.

Whoa klipsch x10 for 80ish? How are those btw?

Sorry I'm late to the party.

I preferred the X10 over the Triple.fi 10 pro, with a warm punchy sound and smooth mids and highs, although with a slight bleed of the mid-bass into the lower mids. Probably the closest IEM in terms of sound signature to the V-MODA M-100 full size phones, although I think the X10 might appeal more to an audiophile.

My first pair of X10 cost me $249 but sold them a few years back, although I thought they were worth the high price. For the same price I was finding my Westone 2 to have a crisper more spacious high end, but with less fun and warmth in the bass. The X10 have been $149 at Amazon for a few months now, which is a good price. At $84.99 they are a no-brainer - I need a pair like a hole in the head but pulled the trigger anyway.

THQ is in a lot of financial trouble, so they've been running all sorts of promotions. Right now they've teamed up with HIB for the Humble THQ Bundle. Pay what you want for a bunch of recent-ish AAA games that all require Steam and are Windows-only. Soundtracks included.

NB: This is also a test to see if I can post.  Dusty is right, this white theme is BLINDING.