And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent two hours at the 5th Avenue Apple Store trying to get Genius service. What a Circus. While I was there I saw a girl that had shattered her iPad 2 screen get a free new one and a couple that brought in what appeared to be a fake iPhone 3Gs that had screws falling out of the phone while the Genius tried to get the case off and they sold them a new iPhone 4 for $99 because they could not get the train wreck working.

Somehow, I missed the news till now - congrats, Ian!

one person i know here at work has taken exactly three days of vacation over the last 10 years, and that was for his honeymoon. poor bugger. it's not that he doesn't want to take vacation days, he just can't because he works in a transgenic mouse core, and the mice won't let him leave. try to take more than three days for your honeymoon, is what i'm saying. and congrat.

I knew a person like that as well, though I don't remember exactly on what he was working.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

First, we went to the Ramones Museum Berlin! Hey, Ho, Let's Go!

web.jpg?ver=13092965640001

web.jpg?ver=13092965760001

web.jpg?ver=13092965930001

web.jpg?ver=13092966010001

web.jpg?ver=13092966380001

web.jpg?ver=13092966150001

web.jpg?ver=13092966510001

Then we took a double decker city bus to the Tiergarten and ascended the Victory Tower, all the while thinking of Peter Falk in Wings of Desire. We even walked the 285 spiral staircase steps to go up and see the angel close up and check out the panoramas of Berlin.

web.jpg?ver=13092966550001

web.jpg?ver=13092966680001

web.jpg?ver=13092981370001

Continued due to picture limits.

web.jpg?ver=13092966620001

web.jpg?ver=13092980120001

web.jpg?ver=13092980270001

web.jpg?ver=13092980440001

web.jpg?ver=13092981020001

We also walked through the Tiergarten, embassy row, split up to see an art museum (Claire & Sophie) and the Museum/Memorial to the German Resistance (Alden & me), and finally KaDeWe, Eurpope's largest department store! Well, before I visited the Absinthe Depot, bought a bottle of Swiss absinthe, and then we all had dinner at a cool Asian restaurant, that is.

The trip is looking amazing Al :).

I guess some things are just meant to be. Spent the last week and a half feeling as nervous and tense as I maybe ever have in my life. Accenture called today and offered me a job, and more importantly, offered me a job in Chicago. My recruiter thought that there was no chance for Chicago, but a small number of openings popped in the past day or so and she was able to accommodate my location preference. So... apparently I will now be a systems integration analyst.

Going out to celebrate tonight.

Congrats Bryan, your new career path has great promise, that is one area that seems to be hiring and growing like crazy. Feel free to not post any shirtless manathon pics though.

Al, had the urge to buy any lederhosen yet?

Edited by Augsburger

The trip is looking amazing Al :).

I guess some things are just meant to be. Spent the last week and a half feeling as nervous and tense as I maybe ever have in my life. Accenture called today and offered me a job, and more importantly, offered me a job in Chicago. My recruiter thought that there was no chance for Chicago, but a small number of openings popped in the past day or so and she was able to accommodate my location preference. So... apparently I will now be a systems integration analyst.

Going out to celebrate tonight.

Awesome Bryan! Congrats, very glad it worked itself out.