And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

(waves in a generally Northerly direction at Mike)

Sympathies, Nate.

You know it's a crystal, and some success has been had with soundwaves tuned to the resonant frequency?  Might be worth a DIY shot, it should be completely harmless, since there are no natural crystals as part of the human makeup.

Nate:  So so so sorry.  Tim had a kidney stone a few years ago (the day before our vacation to San Francisco) and it did not look fun.  I remember very vividly taking him to the ER, his blood pressure around 185/? and throwing up from the pain.  Did you get any Flomax?  Hope it passes quickly and as painless as possible. 

Love Mike's facial expression in the first pic.  :)

Tim and I did some work on the house (installed a new light fixture on our porch... seems easy enough but these rarely are). Then went for a walk in the park nearby. 

DSC_1946-XL.jpg

DSC_1784-XL.jpg

DSC_1768-XL.jpg

DSC_1855-XL.jpg

DSC_1893-XL.jpg

DSC_1928-L.jpg

DSC_1921-XL.jpg

• Like 1

Dropped ~1L of fish sauce in my kitchen while cleaning.  Now my kitchen smells strongly of concentrated fermented anchovies.  I should probably just move.

wow, you should go to jail for that, that's a superfund violation.  Of course, it would have been worse if you'd done it in hoboken in an apartment without air conditioning.

Nate:  So so so sorry.  Tim had a kidney stone a few years ago (the day before our vacation to San Francisco) and it did not look fun.  I remember very vividly taking him to the ER, his blood pressure around 185/? and throwing up from the pain.  Did you get any Flomax?  Hope it passes quickly and as painless as possible. 

Tim and I did some work on the house (installed a new light fixture on our porch... seems easy enough but these rarely are). Then went for a walk in the park nearby. 

Shelly, somehow my BP remained pretty reasonable despite normally being on the high side.  The worst it got was around 150/90 and once I got comfortable was back down in the 130s.  And yes, they prescribed Flomax, hopefully that allows the stone to pass more easily although there's limited (if no) science behind that.  Looks like you had a nice walk in the park, the weather here today is gorgeous so I'm hoping to get outside for a little while since I've been pain free for about 12hrs.

sorry, Nate!  did they not offer ultrasound lithotripsy? 4mm is the typical threshold.

Their opinion was that anything up to 6mm should pass on its own.  I don't know that I support that assumption but we'll see what happens over the next day or so. 

Tried to build a doll house that we'd gotten for our daughter for her birthday, only to find the damn thing is missing integral parts.  This is pissing me off as we had saved this gift (her birthday party was this past weekend) so she'll have something to open/see on her actual birthday (tomorrow).  Now I have to pack everything back up into box somehow to either get a whole replacement or have missing parts shipped.  Grrrrr.

Totally missed the news.

Glad ta hear you didn't tip over Ken!

After the Loma Prieta quake (ha ha,.. almost typed quack), I helped some friends up in the mountains cleaning up their mess (they were about 5 miles from the epicenter). It was an old house and the toilet hoped off the floor (water and all) and into the tub. A buddy that was there noted what a convenient set up that was!

Helped my son with his Eagle Scout project today, rejuvenating the playground and gardens at the local Ronald McDonald House Charity. We spread 10 tons of pea gravel and 4 yards of mulch, after replacing all the edging. We also painted the railings along the porch and wheelchair ramp. My wife and I feel like we died and don't know it yet. Zombies...

Gotta love Logitech's awesome customer service:

Me: "So I was an idiot and spilled a drink over my keyboard and now a few of my keys no longer work, can I possibly get a discount for a replacement keyboard or something?"

CSR: "So you are saying your some of your keys no longer work, is that correct? Let's see if you've done some initial trouble shooting steps, like pressing the keys harder and plugging it into a different machine. Still doesn't work? It sounds like you may have malfunctioning keys. Let's get your product info and a replacement keyboard sent out to you..."

Edited by Nebby