And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Lesson learned today. "You can't win a medal in a fencing tournament if you fence like Barney with a bad case of hemorrhoids".

I hate the world right now.

and the new member hifillutin avitar is really annoying me. Dude, please change it.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Confused 1

My wife and I walked around a hippie college town here in Ohio, then we hiked (the planned activity) for five or so miles, then we rock climbed, hen we hiked back, and then we watched The Road, which Colie had never seen. 

A combination of losing lots of weight and working out with weights really surprised me when I nearly launched myself when I went over the lip of a boulder, today. I am now starting to believe that I’m not fat, I think. I’m not exactly thin, though, but it’s getting there. 

• Like 8

Thanks guys.

When I got into this hobby seriously, I bought stax SRS 2170 and USA dollar parity was 1,7 or so. Now it is 4,7... And since begining of this year you have to pay %40 tax. %20 customs, %20 special consumption tax...

I really need to learn DIY stuff...

I really cannot believe how people can be this stupid.

Skated Maryhill this weekend at the summer RVOD G-Ride.  Only skated the first day due to injuries, but still had a pretty good time.  Here is my favorite run:

And here is the run that Brent was probably eating a biscuit during, advanced to the relevant portion:

• Like 9

Found a fun new trail. It's a bunch of small 1m to 1.5m waterfalls before a pretty large one. Middle of summer means great traction on the rocks otherwise I would have run out of skill. One of the hardest trails I've ridden because of its relentless physicality, summer heat and very little shade.

20180701_101040.jpg

• Like 8

Haven't got a photo, but on Sunday we walked the first 12 miles of the Oxfordshire Way - a long distance footpath that goes from Bourton-on-the-Water to Henley on Thames.

Anyhow the main point was the heat. In the UK we are currently stuck with high pressure after high pressure, blue skies and sun. For three weeks so far, and forecast for much of July. So on Sunday we were treated to a temperature of 33C (92F) in the shade. Totally insane conditions for the UK. Who would have thought that only 16 weeks ago we had -6C (21F) with driving snow for a week or more.

Something is deeply fucked with the weather.

Drove to Thousand Oaks today to meet with two prospective realtors for my sister's house and to settle up with the estate sale company.

The estate sale company paid in cash, which surprised me.  They also didn't provide the promised list of goods sold and the price of each.  So we were probably cheated.  But I don't care.  Left on our own we would have donated everything and it would have taken many trips to clean out all my sister's stuff.  From my point of view, they paid us a little over $2.6K for the privilege of cleaning out the house, a win-win situation if ever I've seen one. O0

Edit:

It was hot in TO today.  I saw 118F (about 48C) on my car thermometer.  Fortunately I was in A/C most of the day.

Edit 2:

My brother, who came out to TO from Hemet, CA today, just text me a dash photo taken during his trip home.  The temp was 120F.

Edited by guzziguy