And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

800s landed.

lA8UHVZ.jpg

MJvCNuX.jpg

Preliminary tests make me think "gee, these sound pretty good."  This is using my 2004 GLite Mk I and Pico DAC (quality, but ultimately humble kit.)  I really need to re-tube my HR Millet(t) Hybrid serial #1 and see how it drives the 800s.  What I remember is that the HRMH makes everything sound more lush.

• Like 10

The reason I always write it as "Millet(t) Hybrid" is because my HRDMH was a production sample and in addition to having the "Home" upgrade, it also bears a typo:

fRDk9G9.jpg

When I contacted Headroom a decade ago when I bought it, the staff member I spoke to expressed surprise that it had been sold.  It still smells faintly of pot smoke. 

Spoiler

Not really, but I did buy it from HighLife in the spring of 2013.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I built a tree bench/table. I'll cut plugs this weekend to cover the screws Monday.

20230721_115732.jpg

20230721_115736.jpg

20230721_115739.jpg

The surrounding ground will have artificial turf installed this weekend. The turf will extend up the box about 4". Monday I'll cover the PT 2" X 6" box with matching 3/4" Cedar.

• Like 9

I've always been an aircraft nerd since I was a kid, particularly military, particularly WWII aircraft. I had the chance this weekend to see one of the two flyable B-29s, Fifi, up at the DuPage Airport, so made it up there. There was also a B-24 (very early model, serial number 18 of ~18,000 built), as well as a Stearman biplane, a T-6 Texan, and a Beech RC45 transport aircraft. I could have bought a ride on any of them (B-29 was $1,800 for the bombardier seat), but they were all sold out. Was cool to go up there anyway, and be able to go inside the B-29.

IMG_2929.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pars said:

I've always been an aircraft nerd since I was a kid, particularly military, particularly WWII aircraft. I had the chance this weekend to see one of the two flyable B-29s, Fifi, up at the DuPage Airport, so made it up there. There was also a B-24 (very early model, serial number 18 of ~18,000 built), as well as a Stearman biplane, a T-6 Texan, and a Beech RC45 transport aircraft. I could have bought a ride on any of them (B-29 was $1,800 for the bombardier seat), but they were all sold out. Was cool to go up there anyway, and be able to go inside the B-29.

IMG_2929.jpg

Beautiful !!!!!

4 hours ago, shellylh said:

Got my abscesses tooth extracted (and a bone graft put in).  Fun times!  I didn’t get any of the good drugs for afterwards.  :(

The good drugs was the one thing that made dental procedures worthwhile. There is the keeping your teeth thing but still, no drugs sucks. Feel better. 

• Like 1