And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

My condolences to Mike. Even if I don't know him, I feel that every death is a loss.

So, yesterday I left the land of the ice and snow and through Copenhagen flew back to my fatherland- Latvia. Visited two electronics stores on the way and had a good talk with one of the clerks in the store at Keflavik airport. And in Copenhagen finally got to listen the infamous Beats. Well... At least my HD-25-II in addition to reproduce beats can take them as well, all of these Beats felt like toys.

Today fired up my old rusty soldering rod and put back the voicecoil to one of the contacts on my HD25-II. That'll teach me to not repair stuff without proper tools. The SR-80i is going to a dear friend of mine, a music journalist and true mellomaniac.

Yeah, pretty cool stuff. At first glance, it was tough to get an idea on proportions of the setup, but then you see the people in front, and you realize what went into it....

And great tree, too, Al, same with the others here. As "the Jew that likes the trees" I'm enjoying this. After telling my wife about this, she decided to give the Hanukkah bush another try. It's literally a few decorative branches in a large glass floor-standing vase, adorned with blue and silver ornament balls. And so far, the cats have left it alone....

It gets worse! Last night on my way back home from another Santa event, someone crossed the center line and sideswiped me. Just caught the mirror on the passenger side of my Ford Edge and ripped it off, but no other damage at all. Oddly enough, this is the 3rd time the same thing has happened to me with this vehicle since I bought it new in 2007 (but only the 2nd under my command). So that's another $500 loss. Guess I just can't win until I actually buy a sleigh! I'm going to finish the season off in my Pontiac G6 convertible because the Edge is starting to spook me! Plus, people really love seeing Santa driving around with the top down.

Thanks guys. It has been a rough 3 weeks plus and looks like it will continue another four or five days. No one should have to go through this, neither the patient nor the family.

I agree Mike. I'm glad I only had to spend 2 days with my dad like that. Sorry that you and your loved ones are going through this.