And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The Boss let us off early today, it being The Holidays and all, so what did I do with the extra time? Went to the DMV to get my drivers licence renewed, on the assumption that most people would have better things to do at this time .... In, take number, wait (while listening to audiobook) - Sight Test - Thumb print, photo, $31 please, out in 45 minutes. Festive eh? Slightly more fun than all the people circling for parking at all the retail establishments I passed on the way home. At least its all over until the New Year now. :)

Just submitted my third pc-related RMA. Samsung exchanged a backup harddrive. Corsair upgraded me to a better power supply. Hoping for the same from EVGA on my 8800GTS that is pulling an error code on Windows now.

It's painfully obvious that the desktop is nearing its end. Luckily, the RMA's are helping me prepare for the inevitable switch to a new motherboard and cpu and possibly a new HTPC setup altogether.

Just submitted my third pc-related RMA. Samsung exchanged a backup harddrive. Corsair upgraded me to a better power supply. Hoping for the same from EVGA on my 8800GTS that is pulling an error code on Windows now.

It's painfully obvious that the desktop is nearing its end. Luckily, the RMA's are helping me prepare for the inevitable switch to a new motherboard and cpu and possibly a new HTPC setup altogether.

Or a Mac.... :)

Very nice looking tree!

Made it through the first Hanukkah party last night at my mother's....minimal food ingestion (even though all was delicious) thanks to a larger lunch and lack of hunger, and the whole family made it. Really nice time!

Tonight, night 2 of family parties; my dad and stepmom are amazing cooks, so will likely not be able to resist temptation 2 nights in a row, and stuff myself.....

Sucks, dude! Although ... new computer! :)

I will say, having both Windows and Mac machines, that I spend more time troubleshooting Windows than I do the Mac. And all the consumer magazines that rate customer satisfaction have Apple as excellent across the board, and anything Windows as Fair to Poor. Just sayin'.

Takes a deep breath... the 12-14 hour shift of jolly madness is about to begin. Got my route all mapped out and sure hope I can stay on schedule...17 visits is a lot!

I've actually hired a driver/photographer/elf who will also serve as my cell phone operator to keep people informed throughout the night. He's my neighbor, and says he'll do practically anything (including dressing in the elf costume) for a 10% commission, which will be over $300, plus he gets to keep all of the booze that I might receive as a gifts.

The last party is adults only, which starts at 1:30am. That's why it's hard to tell just how long I'll be out there tonight! I'll be wearing 3 different suits as the night progresses and refreshing my cooling vests in between wardrobe changes as well. Rented a cargo van to make that process easier.

Got a $750 tip from a lady at the Ritz Carlton last night. Hope the check clears! It was a $250 agreed price for a 20 minute visit, and she wrote me a check for $1,000. She was the grandma, and I got her 9 year-old granddaughter to believe again. It was a late night visit (11:30pm) and I had my one and only time gap immediately afterwards, so I ended up spending more like 45 minutes there. She walked me out down the hall, and saw how flabbergasted I was when I looked at her check, and then gave me a creepy big wet kiss on the cheek (think she may have been trying for the lips, because grandpa was still back in their suite).

I then told her that I would put the money to good use as I was planning to buy a new suit for next year, and promised to email a picture to her, which I've since done. Now she's promising to come back next year to see me in that suit and is going to spread the word to all of her friends. While I suspect that simply means that it will be a bragging right sort of thing, I'd certainly welcome more of her ilk!

Here's the new suit, which is an exact replica of one of the suits that Tim Allen wore in the Santa Clause movies, with real silver fox fur, and down to every last detail including the (rather annoying to me) absence of a furry white ball at the end of the hat (which I may need to rectify for personal preferences). Best part about it is that it's melton wool and the robe is sleeveless, both of which are good things in terms of keeping Santa cool. Cost me over $2k and she took me half way there in less than an hour, so I don't feel so guilty now.

391048_2551765428495_1084676538_32895751_973994533_n.jpg