We've had our Oklahoma City bombing.

limp

The Independent

BBC

Death toll adjusted to 91, 7 in Oslo bomb and 84 in Utøya shooting.

Still believed to be the workings of a lone christian right-wing extremist. Name and photo released.

Yes, this is very sad, and we really appreciate your sympathies.

Anyone who would do such a thing was really never a Christian in the first place, even if he called himself one. Again, it's very sad and I wish that everyone can find peach after this travesty. I can't imaging what could lead someone to kill innocent people like this, ripping apart families and friends. It made me think about my 17 yr old daughter who is working at a Christian camp in the mountains for 5 weeks this summer, and they are completely defenseless to a crime like this; and I started to get an idea of what the parents of these kids might feel just by imagining the worst for my own child.

Anyone who would do such a thing was really never a Christian in the first place, even if he called himself one. Again, it's very sad and I wish that everyone can find peach after this travesty. I can't imaging what could lead someone to kill innocent people like this, ripping apart families and friends. It made me think about my 17 yr old daughter who is working at a Christian camp in the mountains for 5 weeks this summer, and they are completely defenseless to a crime like this; and I started to get an idea of what the parents of these kids might feel just by imagining the worst for my own child.

You are perfectly right, of course.

In much the same way that a person blowing up a bomb in a tube station isn't really a muslim, even if he calls himself one.

And besides, this appears to have been, at least majorly, politically motivated.

It's an odd thing really. We haven't experienced anything even approaching this kind of carnage since WWII. Except from general disbelief, we do not know how to react.

There is a general sentiment hanging in the air that we were lucky it wasn't an islamic terrorist attack. We all know they don't need any more bad press, and that the world would just have turned even more crazy as a consequence.

On the contrary this event may even force discussions about Islam into a more balanced character. At least thats our hope.

Edited by limp