Hurricane Sandy: "Perfect Storm II?"

roadtonowhere08

Wife just reported in. Power is flickering at home but not out yet. We've had storms in the past where it does no more than flicker but seeing as we're not even into the thick of this one yet an outtage seems pretty likely. I'm loving the comfort of having the gennie right there ready to go.

^^ just saw that on the news, wild.....BTW, one of the condo's there pre-sold for $90M according to the newscaster!

We had one droppout for about 15 seconds. Power back on, working for now....

Our neoghborhood has undergound wiring, but a lot of our feeder areas are above-ground and fairly sensitive.

Hope everyone is OK!

Edited by skullguise

Getting windy around here but the real question is going to be as the rain totals build up over the next 24 hrs or so.

Thinking that next time I get the electrical panel worked on I'll get the electrician to add a hookup for a generator so if I change my mind and buy one I can always just hook the sucker up.

Shit's getting real outside. A small tree fell over and hit the roof of one of my barns. I went out there an inspected the damage. It's really windy. The lights have flickered quite a few times, but [knock on wood] the power is still on. I just drew off a bathtub's worth of water, and I'm going to fill a couple more jugs.

lost power. At work around 11am,Lights flickering on & off at home.

winds picking up should see the worst start around 8pm.

I expect the power to go out anytime,just waiting for the shoe to drop.

I did pickup another 20 gals of gas for the generator,so I have 32 gals on hand plus 8 in the generator

I have big trees close to the house that is my biggest concern.

Big tree branch just broke off across the street over a parked car without hitting it ,still hanging by a thread & touching the street

With the car under it.

Let the neighbor know just moved the car.not to bright instead of walking around the fallen tree branch he walked under it to get to the car & his girlfriend is standing under the hanging branch watching him move the car