Hurricane Sandy: "Perfect Storm II?"

roadtonowhere08

The flooding photos (including that PATH station looking like das boot) I was getting just before I left the office did not look good. The wind damage didn't look bad (yet) but it's going to blow for so damn long. It looks like New York will be miserable for a while. Stay safe. Don't step in any electrified puddles. Be patient. Try not to kill your neighbors unless they loot.

Dad had to be evacuated last night from his apt after a levee broke in little ferry, nj. Around 1am 2 families that live on the first floor came up to stay with him on the second and this morning he and the other families had to be evacuated by boat as the water had gotten halfway up the stairs. Don't know how long his phone battery is going to last but hopefully where ever he and the others are it is safe. :(

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/298612/storm-breaks-new-jersey-levee-police

Yup, the power stayed on after 7pm last night for us. Pretty calm this morning, still gusting pretty good but the sun is out inbetween the bands of clouds that are passing by. Once again we're really lucky to be on the spur of the grid that we are. 4 houses down the street has no power and it is the same story for 6 miles to the East. Here's a quick picture I grabbed on the way in, less than 1/4 mile from my house.

147050532.jpg

That was definitely the worst damage I saw on the way in. It mostly just looks like a bad windstorm blew threw, not a hurricane. We didn't get anywhere near the rainfall that was predicted so no real flooding to speak of. No real dammage at work which is very good.