Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Friday-27th

Bought three fillet of fish plus 1-bottle of orange juice, 1-for me and the other 2-for the Hi Fi retail guys who let me use their rear carparking space......I NEVER TAKE FOR GRANTED WHAT OTHERS DO FOR ME :).

The above guys have always given myself great deals on equipment currently in the process of purchasing a 609 KURO reserved and the retail price has dropped by another

New guy who didn't read the headcase welcome PM but still seems like an ok guy to me but I'm the resident HC softie: yes vinyl is where most of my music money goes.

I'm of course honeymooning a bit with my new piece of gear, but I honestly can't name a part of the music it doesn't improve. Last night I was up way later then I'm used to because I couldn't stop playing my favorite records. If I had to choose one word to sum up what the RSR and record weight do, it would be precision. Everything is more precise, everything is in its right place. What I noticed immediately was the improvement in bass tightness, which was so clear that I at first thought the RSR was tilting everything to towards the lower frequencies, but then the new clarity in the midrange became obvious, as well as an expansion of the soundstage in all directions. No pun intended, but its like the grip the ring keeps on the vinyl also keeps a grip on all the instruments; again, precision. Before I heard the ring's effect I would have thought precision to mean dullness or even dry neutrality, but now I hear the awesome musicality this precision brings.

I know the above reads like I've written an ad for the damn thing, but I'm just really surprised at what a difference it's made. I think if my turntable were more expensive, and already had a ton of tricks up its sleeve to increase mass and somehow make the effective weight of the vinyl more, the difference would be more subtle, but with the humble 1200 (which I'm not dissing, it has long been the favorite part of my system, but it is a true budget turntable) its like I'm listening to a new (and improved) turntable.

New guy who didn't read the headcase welcome PM but still seems like an ok guy to me but I'm the resident HC softie: yes vinyl is where most of my music money goes.

I got the same impression. He's just a bit over enthusiastic. Hopefully, he'll take this chance to read a bit and then slowly insert himself into the community instead of cannon-balling into the deep end.

Congratulations on your new piece of gear Jack.

I got the same impression. He's just a bit over enthusiastic. Hopefully, he'll take this chance to read a bit and then slowly insert himself into the community instead of cannon-balling into the deep end.

x3, but i really would get annoyed if he continued making HC his Twitter pages:

Went to the loo. Had some steak and kidney pie. Did more things people do in the UK. Talked about myself doing things people do in the UK. Hello, friend. Do you like pickles? I like pickles.

Ad nauseum.

No, you're both wrong. He's trying to pad his post count so that when he sells something, it won't seem like it's coming from a complete stranger.

I cracked the seal on my copy of "Quad: The Closest Approach" and the book is simply exceptional. The presentation is wonderful (and heavy :eek: ), great pictures and all around good read. I was not expecting it to be so substantial.

ooh i want one. i always had a suspicion it would be smaller then it appears, glad to hear it is substantial.

Heatsinks and parts to populate my Pass F5 PCBs.

That's right, stand behind the protective shield, because Dr. Wood will be operating a soldering iron.

Not nearly as scary as if I tried doing the casework I am sure you are planning. :P