Official Head-Case Audio Confessional (post your (audio)sins here)

n_maher

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own not one, but two Monster power conditioners. HTS 5100 Mk II. I paid far below retail (wholesale cost, in fact) and Monster Power products are hardly snake oil compared to their interconnects. I do regret giving such an evil company any of my money. I also own more Monster cables that I care to admit. They're mostly S-Video cables, but I also have some of their coax digital cables and a few of their lower end analog RCAs (which don't have their idiot "bandwidth balanced" geometry. With the exception of maybe one, I paid a fraction of retail for all of these. I still should not have bought them. Oh, I also have one Monster power strip, for which I paid $0. I would like to purge all of the Monster from my house, but realistically, I'm only going to get rid of the power conditioners. If I can sell off a few more worldly possessions, I'm gonna spring for a couple of those APC refurbs.

Also, I own a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJs, which are the worst headphones in existence. I bought them in 1999 or 2000, when they were a then-new product, and every DJ had to have a pair. I have atoned for this sin fully by owning MDR-7506s for nearly as long, and upgrading them to Beyer pads. I also have some HD-280s. I was once tempted by a pair of Ultrasone DJ-Pro1s, but I resisted, and I'm glad I did.

In 2008, my only major audio sin as been severe disorganization. I bought an upsampling digital source that's single-ended only right before I finally committed to going balanced.

I'll start.

Father Postjack (since he's clearly the priest in this arena) I have sinned, I said no stats in '08. I bought 3, and should have kept the Lambda/SRM combo.

Yea, and I say unto you its OK because it was funny how quickly you broke your vow, and how often, and making fun unto you absolved you of said sin, for you brought joy unto the community.

Forgive me father, as I have sinned. I commited the greatest sin of all, the sin of focusing too much on the gear and not on the music. Please forgive me father.

Yea, who hasn't? Your penance is moar vinyl.

Forgive me father Jack for I have sinned, I shouldn't have sold the holy Stax O2 in 2008.

Yea, it is written in our one holy document of headphone audio reviews from the book of darth nut that the OII is the best headphone on the earth, and thus spritzer confirms verily and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about so. Also the review defines headstage which is cool but never really caught on, we all still say soundstage. But IIRC you sold your KGSS to brother mike which is funny because mike buys so much gear and gives brother nate the opportunity to post that revolving door animated gif, thus you brought joy to the community.

Rabbi Postjakovitz, I am in need of atonement. I bought a pair of speakers, and kept them less than 2 weeks, even though they were the dream speakers from my childhood.

Yea, when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. Oft times our fondest desires do not meet our expectations, like when a Raptor sets someone's house on fire allegedly. Your penance is find speakers you can afford and your soul believes are kick ass, and post pictures in the post pictures of your rig thread.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Father I confess to sins going back many years:

Glutony- bought more amps than I need, and I have three sets of speakers in one room; I only have one set of ears you know,

Lust- I want, Al's, Mike's system's and Aardvark's vinyl collection, all at a discount,

Greed-I want more gear in 2009 so I will not take the " no_____ in 2009" pledge,

Sloth- I have posted questions on HeadCase without first using the search function,

Wrath- I over react to noob lameness even though I am a perpetual noob,

Envy- I want more and better music than anyone,

Pride- I am a Audio Aero Capitole and Trafomatic fanboy.

I seek your forgiveness Father PJ.

Forgive me father for this thread has brought me much joy :kitty:

especially this part

"Yea, it is written in our one holy document of headphone audio reviews from the book of darth nut that the OII is the best headphone on the earth, and thus spritzer confirms verily and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about so. Also the review defines headstage which is cool but never really caught on, we all still say soundstage. But IIRC you sold your KGSS to brother mike which is funny because mike buys so much gear and gives brother nate the opportunity to post that revolving door animated gif, thus you brought joy to the community."

:rofl:

Forgive me for I have also passed on the "crack vile" to others at the recent NY meet by introducing them to orthodynamics.

Edited by deepak

Forgive me, for I own and still enjoy my Ultrasone Edition 9...knowing it is a sin against the community that lives here.

Forgive me, for I not only own one by two of the Lavry DA10s...knowing again the sin against this community which this seems to be.

But penitence was made by buying a Headamp KGSS amp and other Stax equipment.

Forgiveness may never be allowed for these sins I know, but I can only hope.

Please forgive me for I have sinned. I've now sold off 95% of my wast Stax collection so unknowing, innocent souls, infecting them with the need, no craving, for electrostatic goodness that knows no bounds. This is the most heinous of acts as it may lead to financial ruin and countless hours spent checking Y!JP for rare models to pop up. :'(

Free your minds from the shackles of audiotheism. No (gear) fate but what we make!

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a fully-balanced headphone amplifier revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the device (and its separate power supply) are too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such an amplifier were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.