February 19, 201214 yr comment_498712 Metric - Fantasies Still a great listen, start to finish. Report
February 20, 201214 yr comment_498861 So I've spent the last few months really listening to the great CDs Antonio sent me in the holiday exchange. I like to listen to albums quite a few times to really "get" them. Just me. So I think I have a handle on the first three and they're all great. I saved this one for last because it was most intriguing. And all I can say is WOW. This is amazing. Just cracked it open today and can't get enough. Such passion. Such emotion. Never mind the language barrier, the music and voice speak it all. I read the translation tonight for Eu sei que vou te amar and found that my guess at the subject was surprisingly right on, just based on how the tune was presented. Cool. Thanks again, Antonio. This will be a favorite for a very long time. Edited February 20, 201214 yr by bhjazz Report
February 20, 201214 yr comment_498877 I'm really glad you're enjoying it, it's a very nice album. There's also a DVD from a live performance of Bebo and Cigala. Now I'm listening to Estrella Morente - Mujeres. This album includes the song "Volver" which Penelope Cruz fakes to sing (or maybe she really sings it, not sure) in the Almodovar's film. I'm not a flamenco fan at all, but this is an enjoyable album even for me Edited February 20, 201214 yr by Torpedo Report
February 21, 201214 yr comment_499023 Deepak, how do you like this album? While picking out a bathroom remodel this past weekend I found a hole in the wall record shop just down the block in the alley. This caught my eye but the dealer (at the time) seemed to want too much for it. Should I be kicking myself? So I've spent the last few months really listening to the great CDs Antonio sent me in the holiday exchange. I like to listen to albums quite a few times to really "get" them. Just me. So I think I have a handle on the first three and they're all great. I saved this one for last because it was most intriguing. And all I can say is WOW. This is amazing. Just cracked it open today and can't get enough. Such passion. Such emotion. Never mind the language barrier, the music and voice speak it all. I read the translation tonight for Eu sei que vou te amar and found that my guess at the subject was surprisingly right on, just based on how the tune was presented. Cool. Thanks again, Antonio. This will be a favorite for a very long time. Then check out, http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_4 and http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_6 http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_3 great stuff! Right now Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First from the Piano. Hearing it live in my living room with my daughter Emily playing. Haunting and beautiful at the same time. Edited February 21, 201214 yr by Augsburger Report
February 21, 201214 yr comment_499040 gregg allman -- low country blues Edited February 21, 201214 yr by shipsupt Report
February 22, 201214 yr comment_499300 Ennio Morricone's soundtrack for "Once Upon A Time In The West". Pure bliss... Report
February 22, 201214 yr comment_499415 Deepak, how do you like this album? While picking out a bathroom remodel this past weekend I found a hole in the wall record shop just down the block in the alley. This caught my eye but the dealer (at the time) seemed to want too much for it. Should I be kicking myself? Then check out, http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_4 and http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_6 http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_3 great stuff! Right now Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First from the Piano. Hearing it live in my living room with my daughter Emily playing. Haunting and beautiful at the same time. It's from a box set that takes from Miles Davis' output from 1965-1968. It's my favorite Miles box set since that is my favorite time period of jazz; when there was more modal improvisation and original compositions versus just rehashing the old standards. Report
February 23, 201214 yr comment_499531 Cowboy Junkies - The Wilderness It's available for online listening just today until its release on March 27th here It's a pity this time they're not offering lossless download as a purchase option. Report
February 24, 201214 yr comment_499783 Then check out, http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_4 and http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_6 http://www.amazon.co...tt_mus_dp_dpt_3 great stuff! Will do. Thanks! Report
February 25, 201214 yr comment_499794 Cowboy Junkies - The Wilderness It's available for online listening just today until its release on March 27th here It's a pity this time they're not offering lossless download as a purchase option. They have FLAC and ALAC listed as purchase options. Report
February 25, 201214 yr comment_499795 They have FLAC and ALAC listed as purchase options. kudos... I will support that Report
February 25, 201214 yr comment_499880 They have FLAC and ALAC listed as purchase options. They must have implemented this after my post, I looked for that option and wouldn't find. Just checked to see that they've added a lot of download options. The only one available on Thursday was the "DRM Free MP3". Great, just pre-ordered Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.