And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Christ. All I can say is that I know this group is special: intelligent, sensitive (sometimes), generous, and caring. If any of you are ever feeling desperate, please call or PM before doing anything rash. Everyone here is valuable no matter what baggage (i.e., not tom bihn) you're carrying. That may be obvious but it's important to say it.

That's really sad. Boy, the most serious ones just don't let on. Unfortunately, in my line of work I hear about this a lot. Sometimes you're not surprised at all. But just as often, you'd never have guessed, even to a trained professional.

What Dinny said x 1000.

Nate, I dont know what to say other then I will make sure to give my kid a hug tonight.

Driftwood, very sorry to hear about your loss.

I wasn't sure I was going to post about this but here goes. We learned about a 2 weeks ago that my mother in law has stage 4 non small cell adenocarsonoma of her lung. I don't know why I call her my mother in law at this point. She is more than that. I've known her for 30 years. We all are in a bad way, in particular Gail. She and her mom are close and other something happening to me or the kids, this is her worst nightmare. Her mom had her first chemotherapy a week ago and feels good. Monday Gail is taking her for a second opinion at Moffit in Tampa which is a pretty well regarded cancer center. There is no cure, only treatment. Wow, feels kind of good to get that out.

Condolences, Nate and Driftwood.

Mike, sorry about the bad news regarding your mother in law. I can't imagine how you feel right now but I wish you and your family the best.

All these sad news makes me feel really lucky about my life, particularly just being alive and healthy.

Wow, this has been a hell of a day.

Sorry about your father in law Driftwood. Condolences.

Mike, I am really sorry to hear about Gail's mom. You have such a great family that I am sure you are doing the best that can be expected. Give our best to Gail and thanks for letting us know. I just finished out a case of something special for you and it will be on its way soon. Small comfort, but hey.

There is so much sadness in this thread.

Al: That really sucks about your wife.

Nate: I am really sorry to hear about Zachary. I cannot even begin to imagine what his family is going through.

Mike: I am glad you shared with us. I wish the best for you and your family.

Driftwood: Sorry to hear about your loss.

:(

Sorry to hear about your bad news, Driftwood.

Mike, really bad news about your second mother. I'll cross my fingers that she responds well to chemo.

X2, you never know when someone will beat the odds. In 1999 my doctors gave me 5 years to live because my lung disease was advancing so fast and there is no cure. So keep praying for the best!

My condolences to those who have lost someone close to you, and to their loved ones.

Yeah, don't discount her yet. The ones that come through are the ones with a good support structure. My most positive, most healthiest, most healing thoughts and vibes in a generally Southern direction for Mike's mom-in-law.

And yeah, what Dinny said. Please, don't ever let it be you, to be that one.

As you might imagine we had alot to begin discussing last night. Wow, did I miss alot.

Driftwood, I'm sorry for your loss. You may never get your mind around what happened, and that's okay.

Mike, wishing your 2nd mom the best.

Thanks to everyone for your support. It's appreciated. Dinny, that needed to be said. Glad you did smile.gif

Horrible day all around I hope it improves soon for all. Just horrible.

Not horrible or anything but apparently someone strange logged into my facebook account which does not particularly fill me with confidence. I had to change passwords etc but I'm wondering where else they've been.

Edit: Checked the news after this and how is HC japan doing?

Edited by Dreadhead

Yesterday was a dreary day. My condolences to little Zachary's friends and family; I am consoled a small amount that he seems to have been well loved and will be missed. And for your father-in-law DW, I wish he had not felt that need and thought of a better direction to take. And also to your mother-in-law Gail Mike, I wish her the best being treated and a quick journey to recovery. May you all have brighter days.

Edited by manaox2