And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thx, and extra legroom FTW. Also wimped out and requested wheelchair service at LHR.

Don't feel bad about asking for a wheelchair!

Your knee will thank you.

I had a broken toe when I went to see an exhibition at the Chicago Art Institute (and you know a freakin big that place is).

When I bought my ticket, the guy there noticed I was using a crutch and asked if I'd like a wheelchair. I figured, what the heck, why not.

The exhibit was super crowded but I found that folks not only helped push me up ramps, but they even cleared a path so I could get right up to the picture.

Then I could sit there and enjoy as long as I wanted without getting aching feet like I usually do.

Ever since then, if I have an excuse to ask for a wheelchair, I take it (unless it looks like they're in short supply).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1382035484.303098.jpg

There's a guy that look a little like him here in Cayman that I've been going out to see for years now.  It's been a while, but I'm told he's still there.  They're very territorial and like to hide in little caves of sort, but the dive guys know how to draw them out, mostly with food.  You can get to within about 10 feet, but no closer or he'll jump out at you and then quickly repel.  It's fascinating.  Wish I had an underwater camera housing, but I don't dive often enough to justify the cost.  Thankfully, the guy I go to see stays put and hasn't moved in years and years.  In the open water, you MUST stay clear of them, or they WILL come and get you.  Watch the video of this dude...

• Like 1

Thx for the well wishes. Survived the trip. Zombie Gunship took my mind off my knee. Can recommend wheelchair service for the rabbit warren that is LHR T3. They even have their own dedicated immigration lane, so no mixing with the hoi palloi. Pity all it takes is a gammy knee. Saw the rain and the roadworks on the M25 - some things never change. EDIT: oh yes, and a months worth of unlimited data / 300 mins voice / 3000 texts from three PAYG for only 15 quid FTW (via factory unlocked nexus 4)

Edited by Grahame

New first for me. Bird hunting with Nitro having a great time. Had wardrobe malfunction (NO, not that kind). My knee brace slipped which basically means I have to disrobe to

adjust it. Got back to the car. Uh oh. No keys! Yep, lost the keys in the woods adjusting the brace. Backtracked but not that lucky. Finally got the car flat bedded 40 miles to get a key for it in the morning.

No doubt a story to tell later.

I was driving home today and a douchebag decided to do a "brake check" on me while I wasn't even close to him. He basically went to a complete stop from 50mph, I slammed my brake so hard that my ABS was engaged (his probably did too.)

I drove right up to him and gave him and his girlfriend a middle finger, and you know what? He went psycho on me. He kept trying to cut me off and followed me into my residential area. He still tried to cut me off in the residential area, so I stopped....

The next thing I know he got out of his car with his FUCKING DICK HANGING OUT of his pants. WTF man. I backed up couple of yard, and he chased my car on foot, then I just went around him..... I guess that's why he thought I followed to close to him, because he wasn't paying goddamn attention to the road!

His profile? A classic stereotypical white trash look that you'd see in movies with his again stereotypical blonde girl friend driving a not surprisingly stereotypical pick-up truck.

My god, I thought those people only existed in movies. Apparently I'm way wrong. Also, this is one of those times that I wish I had a 9mm on me.

That's some crazy shit. A camera might have scared him even more than a 9 millimeter.

I wish I had another hand to record it... but I was too busy trying to avoid crashing into his damn car. It could've made a great youtube video.

Yeah... that guy really scared me a little... especially when he walked out with his penis exposed... because that's when I knew he definitely is a nutjob. Oh, he did realize his penis was out when he was walking towards my car... He was trying to stuff it back in while he was cursing at me. Thinking about it now... it's actually very funny...

I'm very glad that it ended where it did... could've been much worse..  

Not nearly that crazy but I refused to let someone cut in to the line for an exit once then when she was behind me she stood on the horn for like 3 minutes while we crawled towards the highway (and I had the temerity to leave a car length in front of us) then roared around me and then went from 60-20 2 or 3 times in front of me. Was a scary experience. I forgot to get the license plate.

Had a far too eventful day ...

Had a nice Lunch (Bacon included) with Mum + My Sister, Brother in law, + nephew. Then later when shopping Mum took a tumble.

Called 999 and a nice paramedic turned up. Mum OK. Paramedic drove her home.

post-545-13821165953425_thumb.jpg

Then assessed that other than a split lip all was well.

Lots of cups of tea all round.

The UK. Free healthcare with every purchase.