And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Bailed on some friends because I felt like going out was a hassle, microwaved some corn chips and cheese, put on a French internet radio station and played Euro Truck Simulator 2 slightly dejectedly.

My wife has been gone for 5 days, and I miss her.

Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

Sold my 1990 BMW325i!

I've had her for 14 years of loyal service and even though she still drove like a dream, I was ready for a change.

A decade or so ago a buddy asked why I keep buying manual trannys and I told him that it's about the only sporty thing left in my life (half joking )but I used to alway tell guys that until you've spun a car at least once, you have no idea where it's limits are.

Well, my new car's a Prius and I think that just about says it all.

• Like 2

Drove to Houston for my step-dad's funeral tomorrow.  My eldest daughter came with me, and we've both only had about 3.5 hours of sleep since 9AM yesterday morning, because we didn't get to leave until 9PM yesterday after the news came late (driving 6 hours to Amarillo last night, and another 10 hours today).

He was in the hospital with a broken hip and shoulder, and doing rehab with some diabetic complications (79 years old); but he seemed fine when my mom had lunch with him, and 2 hours later he was dead before she could make it back to say goodbye.  He's been my step-dad for 26 years, and part of my life longer than my father or any previous step-dad, and he'll be missed.

His eldest son is being an ass and has already divorced his part of the family from my mom, and wont even meet with us or have dinner with us after the funeral, before he flys back to NY.  The younger daughter is a friend to my mom, and she will be spending time together with us after the funeral and celebrating Bob's life with memories.  But this guy pisses me off, so pray for me that I don't try to punch his face out tomorrow.  :basement: My mom is grieving and he's just adding to her loss.

I wish I could talk smack with refinement, so I don't look like an asshat myself - I'd love to make him feel guilty and boorish by his behavior.  

Sorry for your loss, Larry. I wouldn't worry about the son -- everybody deals with tragedy differently and it's not worth your energy to worry about him. Use the energy to take care of your mom instead.

This Larry.

People deal with stressful situations in the most incomprehensible ways.  Let it roll off you back like you do with so many other annoying situations.  

Aw, hell, Larry, that's awful news.  Really sorry for your loss, and it's a shame that you weren't able to be there.  Glad you made the funeral.

I echo the sentiments of others here -- grief is ugly and not sensible.  Try to grieve well, and don't fault others for grieving poorly.