And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Shame on all of you guys for believing anything you read or hear in this environment. Whether it be Bill Gross, Warren Buffet, Soros or Meredith Whitney, they all talk their book so what you read or see as their "opinions" are really only there to mask their real plays in the markets; they basically don't know jack about where the market and rates are headed they just know where the herd is going in the short term because they are orchestrating those moves to make money.

Don't let yourselves be manipulated.............(end of rant)

Since were ranting again..

You gotta love what passes for "journalism" nowadays. Some TV guy does a little blog bloviation. No reporting. Doesn't even pretend to any. Doesn't even put forth an opinion. He's just sucking his thumb, which is fine. If he's entertaining, that's what he's paid to do.

Shazzam! His post gets "aggregated" and pasted on one after another make-believe news sites with fancy banners and authoritative-looking logos and shit, none of which do a lick of useful work. Nobody follows up. No reporting is necessary. Yesterday was the day George Soros made a billion shorting treasuries. It's in Google. It's gotta be a fact. Six months form now, I'll get one of those right-wing chain letters written by high-priced flacks and well lawyered and it will "reveal" how dangerous Soros is because he made a billion shorting treasuries.

Today, they're "aggregating" yesterday's "aggregations". We're two days into this "story" and nobody's done an ounce of actual, useful work. Yet it's provided "content" (and advertising revenue) all over the place. Revenue without work. It's easier than shorting treasuries. And just as beneficial for society.

</end rant>

Found a new house to lease and am now very much looking forward to giving our current neurotic landlords the finger. Has a pool, which the kids will like, and a sweet man cave (wine cellar, bar, beer cooler, billiard table etc.), which I will like. Best of all, the study has a nice, heavy desk in the middle of the room, so it's perfect for a nearfield speaker rig. :)

1. Woke up and got dressed
  2. Could not find my wedding ring
  3. Missed an ultrasound appointment with my wife while looking for said ring
  4. Found the ring in a pocket of pants hanging in the closet that I had checked no less than 4 times before
  5. Got told by my wife how dissapointed she was that I prioratized the search over our child

FML some days.....

1. Woke up and got dressed
  2. Could not find my wedding ring
  3. Missed an ultrasound appointment with my wife while looking for said ring
  4. Found the ring in a pocket of pants hanging in the closet that I had checked no less than 4 times before
  5. Got told by my wife how dissapointed she was that I prioratized the search over our child

FML some days.....

Hormones are powerful. Tread lightly for the next couple of years.

Since were ranting again..

You gotta love what passes for "journalism" nowadays. Some TV guy does a little blog bloviation. No reporting. Doesn't even pretend to any. Doesn't even put forth an opinion. He's just sucking his thumb, which is fine. If he's entertaining, that's what he's paid to do.

Shazzam! His post gets "aggregated" and pasted on one after another make-believe news sites with fancy banners and authoritative-looking logos and shit, none of which do a lick of useful work. Nobody follows up. No reporting is necessary. Yesterday was the day George Soros made a billion shorting treasuries. It's in Google. It's gotta be a fact. Six months form now, I'll get one of those right-wing chain letters written by high-priced flacks and well lawyered and it will "reveal" how dangerous Soros is because he made a billion shorting treasuries.

Today, they're "aggregating" yesterday's "aggregations". We're two days into this "story" and nobody's done an ounce of actual, useful work. Yet it's provided "content" (and advertising revenue) all over the place. Revenue without work. It's easier than shorting treasuries. And just as beneficial for society.

</end rant>

/\ /\ /\ /\ this (rant post script)

I try tread lightly as it is but sometimes my OCD gets the best of me. It's why I'm good at my job but sometimes it bites me in the ass rather hard. Oh well. No big deal in the grand scheme of things and the day is improving smile.png

Funny, I think I live in your alternate universe, I live my life the same way and those things happen to me all the time. Now having said that, I never missed any of my three children's ultrasounds. I may have OCD but i don't have a death wish. azn.gif

Edited by Augsburger

Ran out at lunch today and met Ryan to grab his Adcom CDP that I am building a pair of Colin's discrete I/V boards for. In doing so, I also got to meet Molly, his adorable baby girl. What a cutie!

I think she thought I was a bit odd, and didn't have much to say :) Can't say I blame her...

Also grabbed the chicago travel whore pair of LCD2s of Jon's that I will listen to briefly. I think it's about time Jon got to use his own pair of phones, so I won't keep them long.

Recovered from the after effects of a Transformer Fire that bowned-out then cut the power to our apartment complex , last night.

Pro Tip - if your UPS's start bleeping, yet the lights are on, it could mean reduced voltage rather than just an issue with the circuit they are on. Remember this for next time rather than just repeatedly resetting the circuit breaker and wondering why it didn't fix the issue facepalm.png

The light show from the pole mounted transformer fire was quite impressive, and when all the lights went out when the power cut, it was dark enough enough to enjoy looking up at the stars from the still warm heated pool, unhindered by light pollution for a change.

We joked with our neighbors, that as Brits, now would be an ideal time to riot!

Power cut also took out cable internet - even if the UPS powered cable modem + wi-fi router were still blinking their lights.

Power came back before bed, so hot tea could be produced. But no internet, the horror!

Rebooted + reset things in the morning when all the relevant lights were lit.

Power cut also took out cable internet - even if the UPS powered cable modem + wi-fi router were still blinking their lights.

Power came back before bed, so hot tea could be produced. But no internet, the horror!

Reminds me of a few times in the past that the power has gone out while I was gaming online, but I was still able to finish the match because everything was on a UPS. Oh, the powers out, guess I better quit after this round.

On the bright side... at least you didn't lose yours in the Atlantic Ocean.

That was just the ocean trying to send you a message.

Been hanging out in the hospital since 5:30AM. My dad's surgery went well, and he's busy cursing out the Tigers' management via the TV at the moment. He claims he's in no pain at all, which is rather remarkable since he had his knee replaced around 7:00AM. He's 85, in good shape and feeling well. Go dad!